Good on you Zoe Ball

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Then you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Your ire should be addressed to the person/people, who either started the chain of events or accelerated them.

Maybe I worded it wrong...I meant hate him for the fact he didn't tell anyone. In fact, I don't really hate him at all....It's tough to describe...

However, back to topic - well done girl! She's an inspiration to all x

She's been to the Davina school of suffering, however, top effort in appalling weather for an important issue: I enjoyed watching it and I wouldn't mind a nice van with flashing lights following me around too and some outriders to stop the traffic please.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I watched and enjoyed this, thanks for highlighting the programme as I wasn’t aware of it.

I have a good friend with depression. We spent a lot of time riding together last year achieving a first imperial century and then longest ride to date, +/- 130 miles for my friend.

One thing I didn’t know is just how tough it is for those giving support. It is truly draining emotionally. Another I learnt is how quickly depression can stop one doing things one loves, in this instance cycling, and how important getting out and exercising can be.

Support can be either, or both, emotional or practical. Anyone who helps needs to remember the carer must also look after his or herself.

Brilliant work by Zoe Ball in so many ways.

Last edited:

Oxo

Guru
[QUOTE 5189872, member: 43827"]I'm 71 and my uncle who's 91 still calls me boy. The patronising b'stard![/QUOTE]
Have you thought about growing up?

Lullabelle

Banana
She's been to the Davina school of suffering, however, top effort in appalling weather for an important issue: I enjoyed watching it and I wouldn't mind a nice van with flashing lights following me around too and some outriders to stop the traffic please.

It was rather mawkish at times and a bit forced here and there but hopefully men will watch the programme and realise that they are not alone, there is help and it is ok to ask for it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's available to watch on the BBC i-player.

And well worth a watch

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Missed it on Wednesday but watched on iPlayer last night. I have never taken much notice of Zoe Ball, always found her a bit too "Radio 1" shouty etc, and I'm a bit grumpy and curmudgeonly for all that, but after watching that, I take my hat off to her. The cycling journey was just the vehicle of choice for publicity, it could have just as easily been running, rowing etc, but as it was cycling, it increased my interest. But the bigger thing was sticking at it, and the emotion she shared; I had to reach for the tissues myself once or twice. At the end, her mum said how proud she was of her, I bet she couldn't find the words to say just how proud. So impressed with Zoe Ball.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've always had a bit of a thing for Zoe ... :wub:
Didn't know about her partner ... top challenge, and well done to her

DRM

Guru
Maybe I worded it wrong...I meant hate him for the fact he didn't tell anyone. In fact, I don't really hate him at all....It's tough to describe...

However, back to topic - well done girl! She's an inspiration to all x
Sadly thats what the male of the human species does, we are not supposed to be soft/jessy/pudding/ or any similar other term, so men don't talk about these things, whereas generally women will speak to their friends about problems, blokes bottle it all up & sometimes it manifests as suicide when it all gets too much to cope with.

keithmac

Guru
I saw her on Sport Relief the other night, she did well to hold it together when doing her piece to camera.

Top lass, she's on Radio Two and always sounds happy enough which is remarkable considering fairly recent events.

Will watch her challenge on iPlayer, sounds interesting!.

Top Bottom