Good quality bathroom scale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I very much doubt that, IME I've never come across a scale that even has a repeatability anywhere near 0.1kg, let alone accuracy. In fact I've never found a manufacturer that even specifies the accuracy for a consumer scale. I think what you mean is 0.1kg resolution.

My Salter scale would appear to be 0.1kg resolution on the face of it, but this is what happens to the reading when you increase the load in 0.1kg increments:
View attachment 627383
See - this exactly what my Tesco Salter did and why I was annoyed with it - the whole purpose of this thread.

I used to get on it, it would give me the weight, get off and on again and it would give me the same reading. If I did that 12 times the result was identical each and every time which I thought was rubbish. Furthermore, I could grab a 0.1/0.2/0.25 kg weight plate and the reading would still be the same. I think that this is because it wasn't accurate at all and the manufacturer simply programmed it to repeat the same readings in case of small variations to successive weigh ins so that it would appear more accurate.

The Tanita that I got doesn't do that. You get on, get a reading, get off and on again and you may get the same reading or a different one but always within 0.1kg. If I grab the plates now the reading goes up steadily. In my opinion, it's far better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom