Good quality bathroom scale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It’ll surely be accurate within a kilo or two, you’re not a prize fighter or jockey
FWIW I use something like these from JL (mine Einstein body fat, water etc)
https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-white-glass-digital-bathroom-scale/p3991112

OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
It’ll surely be accurate within a kilo or two, you’re not a prize fighter or jockey
You don't know that. Maybe I have two careers? One as a featherweight fighter and the other as a jockey? ;):laugh:

No, but seriously - of course I'm not Hitler about it BUT if I can get a more accurate instrument for a bit more cash that would be great.

Started to think that maybe I'm looking at a wrong product line. Postal scales are apparently quite good and can take up to 100kg, cost around £30-£40.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Hadn't touched my bathroom scales for months, but prompted by this thread just dragged them out from the dust and shoes under the bed and found I've lost a stone - must have been the recent covid; I was barely eating for a couple of weeks. Fab news, that means I'm close to my pre-pandemic weight again.

SEriously doubt I can stay that way over Christmas, but I'll enjoy my temporary lightness for a few days.

(Whadyamean the scales under-read on carpet? I'm ignoring that! )

vickster

Legendary Member
You don't know that. Maybe I have two careers? One as a featherweight fighter and the other as a jockey? ;):laugh:

No, but seriously - of course I'm not Hitler about it BUT if I can get a more accurate instrument for a bit more cash that would be great.

Started to think that maybe I'm looking at a wrong product line. Postal scales are apparently quite good and can take up to 100kg, cost around £30-£40.
What do hospitals use? But you’ll need to get calibrated regularly

OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I nearly did that at the Vet's the other day.
That would work but they won't let me strip down to my pants.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Belt up!

No, seriously... use a belt!

I actually use a set of those Aldi/Lidl scales and they are accurate enough for me. A more serious target for me than the actual weight is to be able to wear a particular leather belt comfortably. I started off with it at 40+" long and it had holes every inch down to 35". I added extra holes every half inch and extended the range down to 33" which is the waist size I'd like to get back to. (Currently around 36".)

As for accurate scales... Salter?

When I started cycling in 2018 I was on the end hole of my belt. Now I'm on the 4th. They're an inch apart, so 3 waist inches reduced. Quite happy with that. ^_^ As for scales, I use the Garmin ones. Damn expensive, but they push the weight straight into Garmin Connect so it's all logged seamlessly. I now have 3 years worth of daily data to play with (wonderful if you're a data freak).

presta

Guru
0.1 kg accuracy
I very much doubt that, IME I've never come across a scale that even has a repeatability anywhere near 0.1kg, let alone accuracy. In fact I've never found a manufacturer that even specifies the accuracy for a consumer scale. I think what you mean is 0.1kg resolution.

My Salter scale would appear to be 0.1kg resolution on the face of it, but this is what happens to the reading when you increase the load in 0.1kg increments:
1642678545788.png

Top Bottom