Good review(ers)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
It seems like there is a great deal of skepticism about reviewers. The only reviewer that I would trust is dcrainmaker and his niche is powermeters and components. So I will put him out there as a reliable reviewer.

Anyone else?

What are good sources of information: cyclechat, Amazon?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I dont understand where you are coming from. There have been plenty of guys on here over the years who have tried gear and written reviews about it.

Ajax Bay

Guru
He's asking whether there are 'dcrainmaker' quality type reviewers for other areas of kit/components. He's not having a dig at you, Steve. It's great your share your experience and knowledge, even/especially when you find (eg solar charger) it's duff.

huwsparky

Über Member
It seems like there is a great deal of skepticism about reviewers. The only reviewer that I would trust is dcrainmaker and his niche is powermeters and components. So I will put him out there as a reliable reviewer.

Anyone else?

What are good sources of information: cyclechat, Amazon?
He does seem to review things very in depth which is good. Has a good way of explaining things too...

Ajax Bay

Guru
the best reviewer is yourself and your experiance (sic)
Yes, but taking advantage of others' reported experience and assessment/analysis is a knowledge multiplyer that most want to take advantage of. The difficulty is finding well reported experience on which you feel you can rely: ie quality information and assurance thereof.

OP
OP
2IT

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
I dont understand where you are coming from. There have been plenty of guys on here over the years who have tried gear and written reviews about it.
Steve, it sounds like you rec'd a vote as a good reviewer. I have not been around long enough to know who on Cyclechat writes a good review. Suggestions?

Would you base a decision based on information for Cyclechat?

I was actually looking for non-forum reviewers - the "professional" ones.

Did not mean to offend anyone as I receive advice here and consider it good advice.

classic33

Leg End Member
Don't base any purchase/possible purchase on the word of one person. Seek out a few for the same item.
Example: Marathon Plus.
I've had one set and don't think I'll be going back to them anytime soon. But that's one persons view.

Top Bottom