good samaritan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
today we had the macmillan dorset ride and its pass through my village. whilst returning with my better half from her race for life in sherborne we came across a guy in our village with the classic cycle equivalent of an open bonnet. i asked if he needed any help? he replied a bucket of water to check his inner tube for a p******e. i said yh come down to my house a few doors down and we will see what we can do, he was taking part in the macmillan ride. well he turned up duly found he had badly repaired the hole from before i asked did he have a spare and 'no the valve has broken' so i helped him repair with my patches, vulcanising liquid and i gave a spare tube to send on his way and to top it off he could inflate it all with my track pump. i am glowing with pride!

Melvil

Good for you! warms the cockles to do something selfless.

peanut

nice one.
I've always liked the concept of `pass it on' that Disney film .What a great idea.
I used to enjoy stopping to help people broken down but you dare'nt these days .You could get stabbed

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'd seriously doubt that you would get stabbed helping another cyclist.
If everyone starts using this as an excuse to not help others you might as well not leave the house. Ever.

Show 'em the way Mag00, you star!

longers

Legendary Member
On the Manchester to Blackpool ride a few years back, dozens of people on bikes passed a young lad who'd very obviously got a mechanical, without bothering to stop :biggrin:

Five minutes work and he was on his way.

This morning I paused to adjust my rattling frame pump, a cyclist off to work stopped to see if I was ok. Then he had the decency to take me out of his way so that I could get to where I should have been.
I wasn't lost - just unsure of my location in regards to my destination :wacko:.

Ta muchly Mr Fireman from Stalybridge :rolleyes:

Top Bottom