Good Veggie Burgers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domd1979

Veteran
Fry's veg burgers are seriously nice, in fact everything they make. Holland and Barrett flog their stuff.

Also, Redwoods quarter pounders are ace and their veg hotdogs (which Morrissons usually have) are equally nice.

Helly79

I really like the bird eye veggie burgers

OT, every time I see the title 'Veggie Burger's' I remember a road trip 6 or 7 years ago (god, I'm getting old). Some mates and me were going surfing off the coast of Sligo, Ireland. One of my mates is a strict vegetarian. When we arrived in the town we were looking for a place to eat, plenty of places but none of them served veggie burgers. After a while we eventually found a place serving 'salad burger's'. We were all famished and tucked in, almost instantaneously he spat it out. A salad burger in Sligo is just a normal burger with a bit more salad than regular. I wish I had a camera at that moment.

Davidc

Guru
trustysteed said:
i think the title of this thread is an oxymoron!

+1

Same would apply if it was "good meat burgers".

Why make &/or buy burgers when there's so much good tasting high quality unprocessed food around, veggie or otherwise?

sarahpink

the cauldron veggie sausages are nice as are the linda mcartney ive tried pretty much all the veggie food on the market and cauldron is my favourite. ive tried to make my own bean burgers but they came out quite bland.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I remember being stunned at the massive choice of veggie food when I was first in one of the big US supermarkets back in 2004. Makes what's available over here seem pathetically limited.

I had some of the Morningstar Farms chilli cheeseburgers to cook on a BBQ and they were gorgeous! Can't get them over here though. Kellogs used to distribute some Morningstar products over here (Tesco used to sell their Streaky Strips, which were my fave 'fake bacon' alternative), but then they stopped.

I wrote to them and it was down to the fact that they wouldn't sell any of their products in the UK which had GM soya in them, and they couldn't guarantee that the Morningstar products didn't contain it.

Reminds me of the fuss about Quorn in the early days, critics were panning it for containing battery eggs (I believe they've changed their sourcing since then).

In France, there's hardly any veggie choice in the supermarkets at all. If you want veggie you have to prepare it from scratch. And in a restaurant, if you ask for veggie, they will suggest "les poissons, M'sieur/dame?" :laugh:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Although not vegetarians, we eat a lot of the Quorn range at least twice a week. The Quorn burgers are especially nice on a BBQ and much lower fat. Love em on a wholemeal bap with onions, salad and relish. I think we went through 3 packs last weekend. :laugh:

Top Bottom