Good Vibes !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Those of you that enjoy reggae might like to get yourselves a copy of, Select Cuts from Blood and Fire.

An excellent CD which combines the likes of Horace Andy, Yabby You, Glen Brown and King Tubby etc with drum and bass. Making it a fantastic collection on one CD!

Dave5N

Über Member
Is it cheap?

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

I think its around £7.99

Its a very good CD because they have mixed a modern drum and bass style with the various reggae numbers. Have a look on Amazon.......seems to get a good write up from other buyers

PaulB

Legendary Member
Damn you Nicensleazy! If anyone goes to the effort of recommending a reggae album, I HAVE to have it but it doesn't seem to be available on i-tunes so I've had to buy it on Amazon and of course, it's a waste just buying one album isn't it so I tried to limit myself to just the £50. I failed, but only just.:biggrin: (but when it all arrives):biggrin:

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

I have been a big reggae fan for many years and have seen many of the greats, Horacy Andy, Lee Perry, Dennis Brown, Mikey Dread. I love Johnny Osbourne, music to soothe your soul! I was once asked if I wanted to DJ purely Raggae, but I turned it down.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Nicensleazy said:
I have been a big reggae fan for many years and have seen many of the greats, Horacy Andy, Lee Perry, Dennis Brown, Mikey Dread. I love Johnny Osbourne, music to soothe your soul! I was once asked if I wanted to DJ purely Raggae, but I turned it down.

Saw Perry at the Liverpool Academy in 06 and my wife said she'd never seen anyone with as big a smile on their face as me when he finally came on stage! Down the years, I've seen the Beat (last year and many times previously), Culture, Mickey Dread, Gregory Isaacs, Frankie Paul and more Brit acts like the Special AKA, Madness, Selecter, Aswad, Steel Pulse. It has to be said Culture were the second best gig I've ver seen topped only by the incomparable Scratch. Marvellous!

gary r

Guru
im currently listening to Ranking Joe on my IPOD,I like scientist,the lone ranger,barington levi,eek a mouse,steel pulse,LKJ etc etc etc:biggrin:

gary r said:
im currently listening to Ranking Joe on my IPOD,I like scientist,the lone ranger,barington levi,eek a mouse,steel pulse,LKJ etc etc etc:biggrin:

I bet Jonathan Ross will not be playing him when he comes back!

Top Bottom