Good weather website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
Hi all.
Any suggestions other than the met office for really good accurate weather websites(not mobile apps).
Ideally ones where you can put your postcode in.

Thanks in anticipation

ohnovino

Large Member
The Weather Channel is probably my favourite at the moment.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Yup, Met Office, Rain Today and XC Weather for me - I'll usually check all three, but even just a combination of just Met Office and Rain Today normally makes sure I don't get caught out. Given the changeability of British weather and the incredible amount of data collecting and processing involved, I'm in awe of how accurate (normally) the forecasts are. Seriously. Though that still doesn't stop me getting annoyed when they do get it wrong!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I use the BBC weather site, seems to be reasonably good. Have bookmarked the XC site though.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
RainToday is awesome, you get to see the full picture and make your own prediction :smile:

A lot of the weather sites like BBC will tell you the predicted weather at a precise location at a precise time and completely ignore the fact theres a huge storm forecast half a mile away or between the times it quotes.

I use the Met office/ bbc tv weather (also available on line) to get an advance 'Forecast'. I stress the word forecast and like to consult the weather radar on the aforementioned raintoday to get a more uptodate data. Particularly when its pouring, so I can gauge wheter it'll stop/ get lighter/ which direction to go ;)

Top Bottom