Good weather website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I watch the weather forecasts for five days before the FNRttC, and send out e-mails to anything up to 130 people on the basis of what I see. None are right all the time, but Metcheck is the worst and the BBC slowest to pick up on changes. Boring as it might be the Met Office is the best of the bunch.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
AFAIK, the Met Office are the only people to run a model with small enough cells for British weather systems. These are peculiarly complex because of the number of influences over our weather. Most of the other sites run future models designed for large continental landmasses.

Leaway2

Lycrist
pine cone.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I have a glance out of my west facing kitchen window to get a gauge for the next hour or two.

I also glance at the Beeb weather and take it with a pinch of salt... I verify whatever they claim by looking out of my west facing window.

I picked up on www.yr.no from another place, and strange as it might seem they are pretty accurate

+1 for yr.no it is the one we usually use and seems pretty good.

raintoday for seeing what's going on right now and what's heading my way.
BBC weather map for a few days in advance. I have a (android) Rainwatch app which seems to use the bbc info but you can zoom in to the regions. It tends to be quite pessimistic but quite accurate in the end.
Metcheck for wind direction and speed.

Top Bottom