Good weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I thought hills were for the big gears? Especially if you weigh about the same as a Spesh tarmac. ;)

Lol.... I'm usually in a big gear, honest :whistle: ..... but that day I forgot to take my MTFU pills so simply was not up to the task

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I thought London didn't have big hills!

Felt pretty big when I was pushing the bike.. it was the climb going up towards Ally Pally and I was pushing the 53T on the front and something nasty enough to make me walk on the back.. lol
Not something I plan to repeat ever again, Ian, Dave, Mark, Preston and others were less than sympathetic to say the least, they all had a good giggle.. lol

Canrider

Guru
I can hook you up if you like? ;)
I wish..
But in all seriousness, it wasn't long now that light bikes were anything under 9-10kg. And let's face it, the heaviest part of any human/bike combination is inevitably going to be the lump of meat sitting on the minimalist saddle and ultracarbonanotube seatpost, so drop that weight and you'll go faster, wa-hey-result!

Lol.... I'm usually in a big gear, honest :whistle: ..... but that day I forgot to take my MTFU pills so simply was not up to the task
. All this electronic shifting is making you soft. Expecting something else to do all the hard work. :laugh:
FWIW i weigh 11.5 stone and am 5'11". I am pretty thin too. Even if i tried i couldn't get down to 9 stone though. Not without a serious medical problem.
I shall now think of you as "V, the climbing whippet!".

mark st1

Plastic Manc
It was all just a ploy to get me to buy lunch whilst you were "plugging your battery back in" at the cafe. Only time ive beaten you up a hill though so i cant say much :rolleyes:

I wish..
But in all seriousness, it wasn't long now that light bikes were anything under 9-10kg. And let's face it, the heaviest part of any human/bike combination is inevitably going to be the lump of meat sitting on the minimalist saddle and ultracarbonanotube seatpost, so drop that weight and you'll go faster, wa-hey-result!
I have no weight to lose!! lol. Somewhere in the region of 13% body fat just now.

Yeh my bro just bought a Rose Xeon and it weighs 7kg on the nose. He will make a decent climber when he gets his finger out. Sorry.............if.

musa

Über Member
Well, something has to give

That's all!

400bhp

Guru
My Di2 Venge currently tips the scales at 6.4 kg
My Di2 Tarmac currently tips the scales at 5.8 kg
I tip the scales at 59 kg
I Don't know the weight of the kit I take with me as it varies, but I would guess a maximum of 2 kg
They are both very different kinds of bikes, the Venge is without doubt the faster bike, but its harsh and not a bike you would want to ride exceptionally long distances. While the tarmac is simply an exceptional all round bike and great at climbing.
I would not for a moment suggest my bikes are good value for money, but they make me smile

BOAST POST:laugh:

Top Bottom