Google Calendar Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Last night I reset my Motorola G6 Play, an android phone as I'm sure most will realise. Previously I have been able to see "Other" calendars in my Personal Calendar. This is still the same for all but one calendar, sadly the most important. The calendar in question is correctly set up in Google Calendar and shows up as expected when I view my Personal Calendar on my laptop. On my laptop the calendar in question shows under "Other Calendars", checking or unchecking the tick box shows or hides events etc.

On my phone I cannot see this calendar and cannot find an option to "add calendar." Prior to the reset everything was fine! I've searched Google help etc. but I keep coming back to the same problem - I can't find an option on the phone to add a calendar though as my Personal Calendar on the laptop, on Chrome is linked I'm unsure if I should have to add the calendar again on the phone. I have sync enabled and if I add or delete events the changes in both directions are almost instant.

The same calendar has also disappeared from view on my tablet.

I am receiving notifications of events for this calendar on the Google Daily Agenda email which suggests I am still subscribed correctly

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Maybe a search on Playstore will give the option to redownload the calendar app?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Does it appear in the menu list? (three bars, top left). May just be a case of ticking the box. Sorry if you already know /have tried this.

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Does it appear in the menu list? (three bars, top left). May just be a case of ticking the box. Sorry if you already know /have tried this.
No it doesn't appear which I suspect is the whole problem.

I'm going to wait till tonight and then possibly take the nuclear option of removing the links from Personal Calendar on the laptop and then reinstating them! :ohmy:

Thank you for the thought

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I assume the calendar in question is a shared calendar on another account. If so, then I know that googke have been having problems recently and you may need to add it back using a “secret“ URL that you can find in ”settings“ when using that account in a web browser. I have been having a lot of problems supporting my scout leaders with their calendars for the last few months.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Is it visible in the list of apps in the phone settings menu?
Maybe a box needs ticking/unticking?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Last night I reset my Motorola G6 Play, an android phone as I'm sure most will realise. Previously I have been able to see "Other" calendars in my Personal Calendar. This is still the same for all but one calendar, sadly the most important. The calendar in question is correctly set up in Google Calendar and shows up as expected when I view my Personal Calendar on my laptop. On my laptop the calendar in question shows under "Other Calendars", checking or unchecking the tick box shows or hides events etc.

On my phone I cannot see this calendar and cannot find an option to "add calendar." Prior to the reset everything was fine! I've searched Google help etc. but I keep coming back to the same problem - I can't find an option on the phone to add a calendar though as my Personal Calendar on the laptop, on Chrome is linked I'm unsure if I should have to add the calendar again on the phone. I have sync enabled and if I add or delete events the changes in both directions are almost instant.

The same calendar has also disappeared from view on my tablet.

I am receiving notifications of events for this calendar on the Google Daily Agenda email which suggests I am still subscribed correctly

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks
This is an odd one. I noticed that I had the same problem with my Motorola a few weeks back. However, after an update yesterday, I just checked and it's working now. I also got the option to show more under settings and found a couple more calendars that I'd forgotten I had. If your calendars appear under the ''show more'' option, you might need to switch the syncing on. If not, try updating the Android security update and see if it then works. Unless you already updated with the reset you referred to.

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thank you to everyone for the comments and advice.

Like @deptfordmarmoset I have found this has suddenly reappeared. I was preparing for the nuclear option, decided to check under "More" one last time and the missing calendar was there. It needed to sync but otherwise all good.

Very strange.

Thanks again to all.

jamieb158

On android I use the app "acalendar+" much better features and syncs with Google fine, nice widgets, I did pay for the ad free version as well worth it

Top Bottom