Google scam help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Had an email to prove my age & send photo ID to them or I lose my accounts in 14 days.
Is this legit? I don’t want to send them a pic of my driving licence or passport.
Thanks in advance.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My initial thoughts were a scam, but a bit of googling suggests it could be legit, although I wouldn't be happy doing it.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...-age-verification-from-you-all-of-the-sudden/

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Had an email to prove my age & send photo ID to them or I lose my accounts in 14 days.
Is this legit? I don’t want to send them a pic of my driving licence or passport.
Thanks in advance.
Can you paste the email here (including the headers) while redacting your own details?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It's a scam

presta

Guru
During lockdown, Allied Irish Bank were working from home. When you rang their number, there was a recorded message telling you to leave your name and number at the beep and someone would call you back. A few minutes later there was a call from an anonymous mobile number asking for your account number and password etc.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thanks in advance.
Scam without a shadow of doubt.

Google occasionally ask me to update my birthday as I choose not to have it on my account. That's genuine.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 26715

During lockdown, Allied Irish Bank were working from home. When you rang their number, there was a recorded message telling you to leave your name and number at the beep and someone would call you back. A few minutes later there was a call from an anonymous mobile number asking for your account number and password etc.
If it was anonymous how did you know it was a mobile? Unless you mean a number not in your contacts.

Top Bottom