Got a new bell for the bike, it’s a bit croaky 😆

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cheeky b*st*rd - tell it to cluck off! :laugh:

simongt

Guru
Very few bikes appear to have a bell these days; but with computers, satnavs etc., etc., there's probably not a lot of room - ! I do get fed up with cyclists approaching from behind and just rushing past without any warning though. All my bikes have bells and I use them whenever I approach pedestrians from behind as I don't know if they might suddenly change direction on the shared path we're both on. :dry:

Very few bikes appear to have a bell these days; but with computers, satnavs etc., etc., there's probably not a lot of room - ! I do get fed up with cyclists approaching from behind and just rushing past without any warning though. All my bikes have bells and I use them whenever I approach pedestrians from behind as I don't know if they might suddenly change direction on the shared path we're both on. :dry:
I find you can't win with or without a bell, I've done both but try to avoid these days any mix with pedestrians. With it, some folk treat it as an aggressive, 'get out of my way'. Without it, even though they have reacted to the polite, 'excuse me please', they (probably the same people) turn around and say 'where's the bell'.
I do whince when I see idiots though on a shared use path zooming/ squeezing by vulnerable people (in fact any person) without warning. If we want drivers to have a responsibility for more vulnerable people on bikes, folk on bikes should demonstrate a responsibility to more vulnerable people too.:okay:

Cirrus

Veteran
Reminds me of what the kids used to shout out at people on bikes in my youth, something along the lines of: "get off and milk it or does it lay eggs".. the scamps

Top Bottom