Got buzzed by a car driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shipley Gaz

Moral of this story is....???
RESPECT CYCLISTS.

montage

God Almighty
had some car drive past us and then let out some veeeery thick black smoke on purpose from his exhaust - no idea how this was done but I really should have grabbed the number plate....definately a malicious (WHAT THE F*CK...two doves have just entered my room) act

buggi

Bird Saviour
The other day whilst riding to work had a lorry driver overtake really close so i gave him the finger. later he got caught in the lights. i contemplated going up the left side of him, but decided i wasn't sure how soon lights would change, him giving no indication of which way he was turning and even though we wouldnt have made the lights i just knew the guy was a tosser and would prob cut me up again given any slim chance etc so just hung around by the back.

now the road widens out into 3 lanes. 2 for turning right, one for left. The w@nker must have seen me hanging around at his rear end and decided to cut right into the kerb before pulling into the middle lane and waiting for the lights to change again. Now i'm not talking about a HGV driver that has to pull wide to turn (which wouldn't have made a difference anyway as he was effectively going straight ahead at this point). I'm talking about a small lorry that is driving straight ahead into the middle lane. It was obvious he had done it on purpose... but then i don't suppose he banked on my temper, and me pulling round to the right to open his door and have an absolute fit in front of him in the queue of traffic. TOSSER. Arrived at work slightly irate.

montage

God Almighty
buggi said:
The other day whilst riding to work had a lorry driver overtake really close so i gave him the finger. later he got caught in the lights. i contemplated going up the left side of him, but decided i wasn't sure how soon lights would change, him giving no indication of which way he was turning and even though we wouldnt have made the lights i just knew the guy was a tosser and would prob cut me up again given any slim chance etc so just hung around by the back.

now the road widens out into 3 lanes. 2 for turning right, one for left. The w@nker must have seen me hanging around at his rear end and decided to cut right into the kerb before pulling into the middle lane and waiting for the lights to change again. Now i'm not talking about a HGV driver that has to pull wide to turn (which wouldn't have made a difference anyway as he was effectively going straight ahead at this point). I'm talking about a small lorry that is driving straight ahead into the middle lane. It was obvious he had done it on purpose... but then i don't suppose he banked on my temper, and me pulling round to the right to open his door and have an absolute fit in front of him in the queue of traffic. TOSSER. Arrived at work slightly irate.

Brilliant! I wonder what people do with those small plastic bags they use to pick up dog poo. Would be nice to hurl a full one of those at the odd car.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
montage said:
had some car drive past us and then let out some veeeery thick black smoke on purpose from his exhaust - no idea how this was done but I really should have grabbed the number plate....definately a malicious (WHAT THE F*CK...two doves have just entered my room) act

Was it a diesel and did he change down or accelerate, by any chance?

Mr Pig

Joe24 said:
Was it a diesel and did he change down or accelerate, by any chance?

Yes. Most people would not know about the plume of smoke chucked out as they change gear so I doubt it was deliberate.

Nice one Buggi by the way, give it back to them, good on you.

I've had a couple of incidents this week that I could do with posting about too.

On Friday I was doing an errand into Hinckley and a foreign tourist in a left hand drive winnebago thing nearly took my head off with his wing mirror. A couple of sets of lights later he'd pulled over onto the pavement to ask someone for directions. So I banged on the side of his 'vehicle' - his window was already down - and I shouted 'next time you pass a cyclist, you need to give them this much (gestures with hands 3ft apart) room'. I didn't swear or anything. He swore at me, but plenty of other passers by took notice. So I felt quite satified with that one.

I've just returned from a long Sunday ride in the sunshine and I nearly didn't return! I was just south of Barwell in a lane, and I heard a screech of tyres. I looked up and coming the other way, on my side of the road, on a blind bend, was a white vauxhall astra doing about 70. He'd almost lost control of the car and was drifting out, trying to correct the steering. So I screamed, dived into the grass verge, and they missed me by inches. I could give a good description of the car itself, but not its occupants, and I didn't get the reg. cos I was too busy diving! Not sure if I've got enough info to report it. And I'm not going to go that way again.

Thanks for listening because I'm really shaken up...

Mr Pig

Kirstie said:

Don't worry, just VOTE PIG and come the revolution I'll introduce bike-to-car guided missiles.

bugslop

Thursday evening on the way home from work, i was skimmed by a white van man. I gave him the finger and shouted what i thought of his driving skills. The brake lights came on and the passenger window went down, the next few minutes were filled by him telling me that he'd seen me swear at him and if i did it again he'd knock my block off and myself letting him know that an inch was not a safe overtaking distance, the heated exchange ended with more threats and he pulled away and turned into a driveway not 100yd's down the road!:biggrin: silly silly man, never clip a cyclist, threaten him then show him were you live! IDIOT!:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:

No wonder you're shaken up, the second one would have been pretty scary.

I don't think it's worth reporting without the reg plate but maybe ring them and have a chat, they'll let you know.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
longers said:
No wonder you're shaken up, the second one would have been pretty scary.

I don't think it's worth reporting without the reg plate but maybe ring them and have a chat, they'll let you know.

Report it even without the reg, it can then be used as intelligence, and if a similar car is seen driven erratically the police will have enough to give the driver an ear bending.

monnet

Guru
It must be the weather for it. On the clubrun today we had 2 incidents.

The first was an old guy coming towards us on a narrow-ish lane (uphill for us, down for him). The shout went out to single out for the oncoming. We all did. Instead of slowing moving in a bit and slowing down the t0sser decided to pull further into the road - trying to force us into the verge at the side of the road. Quite what his point was, I don't know.

The second was a guy, on a wide road with markings down the middle, come past us on the other side of the road (going in the opposite direction) sounding his horn and making the self-gratification artist gesture. Again something of a mystery.

What confused me in both cases is, who did these people think they were? They wouldn't do it to someone else in a car as they'd fear a kicking, perhaps rightly - a full car of 5 against 1 idiot is something to fear. However, I think they forget that when they get up to these antics, there are 20 blokes they are trying to push about. The more I think of it, the less I'd want to be on the end of a shoe-ing by 20 pairs of cleated, carbon soled shoes and mini truncheons...I mean mini pumps.

gavintc

Guru
My worst ever was on my commute. It was a narrowish country road. I was hard over to the left on a left hand bend that was blind and cresting a hill. I think my tyres were probably about 2 inches from the side of the road and I was leaning over into the bend. I hard an engine behind and then felt him pass me. I looked down and saw the wheels of the car about 1 inch from my front tyre. I remember thinking - this is weird. Thankfully, his car was leaning out of the bend. In other words, if I was not cranked over he would have hit me - at speed. He did not even slow down - continued at high speed with 4 chavs in the seats.

Top Bottom