Got buzzed by a car driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
JamesAC said:
Well, we can slink away with our tails between our legs and pretend it didn't happen.

Or, now and again, from time to time, when someone really oversteps the mark, it's right and proper that ordinary men and women let the scumbags that litter our streets know that they've gone too far.
Travis Bickle? :evil:

200px-TravisBickle.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
JamesAC said:
Well, we can slink away with our tails between our legs and pretend it didn't happen.

Look at it that way if you want.

If they get out of the car, you're f*cked. Whatever Bruce Lee does in the films, you don't have much of a chance against more than one person, because they (in general) aren't going to wait their turn at hitting you.

If they stay in the car, you're f*cked, because cars are big and heavy and go really fast.

Escalate things if you feel you need to, for whatever reason, but do be realistic. You're not holding a strong set of cards in most bike/car situations, unless you're riding with a few other people who like to mix it as much as you do, and the objects of your retaliation choose to leave their car to sort things out like gentlemen.

U

User482

If a driver takes a dislike to you and uses his vehicle as a weapon, you don't stand much of a chance. I had a van driver deliberately swerve at me earlier this year. I don't think a cleat or minipump is much of a response...

Arch

Married to Night Train
User482 said:
If a driver takes a dislike to you and uses his vehicle as a weapon, you don't stand much of a chance. I had a van driver deliberately swerve at me earlier this year. I don't think a cleat or minipump is much of a response...

Depends where you get the opportunity to shove it....

Arch

Married to Night Train
User482 said:
I wish...if they stay in their vehicle what can you do?

Shove it up the exhaust pipe? (Although I gather potatoes work better. Always carry a potato, I guess)

I've heard a automatic center punch can do wonders to a passager side window...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_center_punch

Or a well place cleat can leave a nasty mark on a car's door.

I can only recall one time having to actually defend myself against a driver. On a small country in Cornwall I got buzzed by a small car, he had his window down and yelled at me. I yelled back adding a some colour to the conversation. He slams on his brakes and starts to reverse, at me! I and my bike dive off the road, he stops again, I get up and kick a headlight in and then he jumps out of the car. At this point he realises I'm 6'5" and he's not, jumps back in the car, I kick out another headlight and he speeds off yelling on how's going to get the police (this was during 10BC (before cellphones)). I didn't bother to wait on his return.

Top Bottom