Got swore at today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fab Foodie said:
Unfortunately true.

It's a bummer really, we shouldn't have to put up with such shoot.

Exactly.. why should we have to put up with it? Being shouted at, sworn at, spat at, thrown things at, for what? Cycling? enjoying ourselves? being fit? being different?
I don't mind the shouting, as I said it's all part of it... but one day I know.. I will be in such a bad mood from work for whatever reason that I may just lose my temper so whoever does shout or throw something or whatever had better watch out... no happened yet. (apart from a small run in with a 4x4 driver).. and hope it doesn't happen....but people can only be pushed so far

Then again a couple of times I have had a couple of the fairer sex shout out "nice legs" and a wolf whistle... now that is nice to hear

Tharg2007

Veteran
fossyant said:
Pumped fit cyclist....vs......fato in car..... hmmmm....bloody good job most of us are just getting to work/home as fast as we can and training........ very good job most of us are even tempered......

was thinking about this on the way home tonight. Was on way home and a little bit narked after a stupid day at work and other than the usual idiots one private hire nob comes up behind me and beeps me, i was in primary in the right lane of a two lane road setting off from the lights, was in primary cos 100 yards i was taking a right, i was half way to my right turn when he did it too, well I didnt let him get away with it, slowed down turning round let him pull up by side of me while forcing him into the oncoming lane shouting at him "WTF IS UR F*@*@N PROBLEM!!!" "IM TURNIN RIGHT WTF DO YOU WANT!!!" hehe I think i scared him as he fell back and kept his distance, anyway back to my point, was wondering if he got out I may have been in the mood to take out my anger on him but I have road shoes with spd cleats sticking out, i would slip onto my arse and get beats!!! whats the solution?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can't fight in road shoes.........

I had some knobs try and knock me off on a sunday morning about 18 months ago - might have had a go, other than being on my best bike in carbon road shoes, a car full of lads my size... and no-where my shoes would grip.......

peanut

Had a nob-on-a-bike accelerate hard past me on a hill last week about 12" off my elbow. :ohmy: The noise nearly blasted me off the bike:angry: I suppose he thought it funny. One of those 5 foot nothing nobheads in daglo flo leathers that seem to ride bikes these days.

I'm seriously considering taking something with me to defend myself . Maybe a solid steel pump :sad::biggrin: either that or a 160Db air horn :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
psi friday said:
I had a guy step into the road in front of me and shout fcuk off the other week. I get abuse when Im out running too. Ive had lit ciggies chucked at me as well as plastic bottles. Its usually some young moron thinking they are hard with their mates. I never let it bother me. They cant be that hard if they abuse you from a moving car.

Sounds like Bonnyrigg, right enough :sad:

I was brought up in Dalkeith, which seems to have been taken over by the fast-breeding Ned population these days. I wouldn't fancy bet on* coming home unscathed if I went out on a bike there now !

(* since I didn't read through my post and Hackers spotted the original error :o)

Tharg2007

Veteran
hehe nice bit of pedantry there hackbike :sad: :ohmy: well spotted

dondare

Über Member
pes said:
Nob in passenger seat shouted at me to "eff off you C".
What's that all about?

He's a knob, simple as that.
(That's knob with a "k", not nob with an "n". Knob withakay means penis and nobwithannen means toff.)*

*One for the pedants.

mikeitup

Veteran
re :

I was on my route back home from my usual 20k night time ride and a small car full of lads went past hit the horn 5 times gave me the v and said "u f in c!" (well it sounded like that)

nice or what? :sad:

hackbike 6

peanut said:
Had a nob-on-a-bike accelerate hard past me on a hill last week about 12" off my elbow. :biggrin: The noise nearly blasted me off the bike:angry: I suppose he thought it funny. One of those 5 foot nothing nobheads in daglo flo leathers that seem to ride bikes these days.

I'm seriously considering taking something with me to defend myself . Maybe a solid steel pump :ohmy::biggrin: either that or a 160Db air horn :laugh:

In London they are totally sad penises.:sad:

Trillian

psi friday said:
I had a guy step into the road in front of me and shout fcuk off the other week.

someone did that to me once, but left it too late when jumping out so i swerved to miss him but both wheels went over his foot over his foot (was on my mtb)

had a narrow bridge (cycle lane) blocked by 'chav's' who were going to stop me

pausing pedaling, looking up and shouting "my brakes don't work" and starting pedaling again sorted that one out :sad:

J4CKO

I had some outside the pub, you know, trakky bottoms tucked in the socks, baseball hat doing that kind of limping walk they do, he stepped out in front of me, half not looking and then decided to continue for bravado, I just stopped and went "After You" dead polite and he went "Er, yeah, cheers mate" and looked a complete gibbon, after a reaction but got none, I dont know what he would have done as he was half my size, I suspect he may have got battered by a sixteen stone six foot cyclist and then inserted head first in the charity clothes drop off thing in the corner of the car park.

It does worry me though, wouldnt want to tackle a tipper lorry with three angry pikies in it.

Top Bottom