Got swore at today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pes

Nob in passenger seat shouted at me to "eff off you C".
What's that all about?

Maz

Guru
Hmm. Did you do anything to upset him/her?

OP
OP
pes

pes

Maz said:
Hmm. Did you do anything to upset him/her?

No nothing at all.
Going dead straight in the cycle lane.

Mate tells me it happens to him all the time. He has also had full pop cans & bottles lobbed at him.
Still don't understand it.

Chappy

Guru
Sometimes get stupid people shouting as they drive past trying to scare me. Keep meaning to take a picture on my phone but never have it in my pocket at the time

Moose

I have been verbally abused a couple of times - I linked it to wearing an 'England' football training shirt.

I had a guy step into the road in front of me and shout fcuk off the other week. I get abuse when Im out running too. Ive had lit ciggies chucked at me as well as plastic bottles. Its usually some young moron thinking they are hard with their mates. I never let it bother me. They cant be that hard if they abuse you from a moving car.

gratts

I'd add a correlation with 4X4s also. Woman in one told me to "get off the ****ing road" yesterday ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
ianrauk said:
All part of cycle commuting life unfortunately.

Unfortunately true.

Whilst you have no control over some of the sad ****s that society produces, you can control how you respond to these situations and keeping calm in difficult circumstances is probably the best thing you can do.

It's a bummer really, we shouldn't have to put up with such shoot.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
User1314,.. it has to be a cold day in hell before I get the train to work instead of cycling..(unless I am out after work for beers:biggrin:)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pumped fit cyclist....vs......fato in car..... hmmmm....bloody good job most of us are just getting to work/home as fast as we can and training........ very good job most of us are even tempered......

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Besides which, the potential for positive social interactions is waaaay higher than the few knuckle draggers out there. I love chatting to other cyclists, cabbies, saying morning/evening to walkers I know by sight, etc.

Top Bottom