Government response to petition 'cycle-drive'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, thats a very political answer to my petition, but basically says that no, they do not see a specific part of the driving test aimed at cycle awareness as valuable.

Was that your petition Jacomus. Good of you to try but the response is typical in its avoidance of the actual question ;)

Maybe someone should start a petition asking the government to actually start answering the questions asked in the petitions!:blush:

Yes, that was me. Its an idea I had knocking around in my head for a long time, sparked by a German friend of mine telling me about a specific cycle awareness section in his advanced driving test.

It is such a crying shame that the standard of driving required to pass the test is so low, and yet it is higher and we have safer roads than almost all other countries!!

Canrider

Guru
Maybe someone should start a petition asking the government to actually start answering the questions asked in the petitions
I almost did, went there after seeing what you wrote (as I'd been thinking the same thing in the past).
Then I saw what kinds of petitions they get. Most deserve exactly the answer they get, in the non-answer to non-petitionable-issue sense.

Top Bottom