GP 4000s or Ultimo ZX's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maltloaf

Anyone looking for pro4 sc's, they are on offer at planet x at the moment. If you're a 23c user they're only £16 25c users are out of luck sadly :sad:

I think I'll be going for either those or gp4000s if I can find a killer deal on either come pay day.

I really like schwalbe handling and puncture resistance but all four I've had have cut up really badly.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Anyone looking for pro4 sc's, they are on offer at planet x at the moment. If you're a 23c user they're only £16 25c users are out of luck sadly :sad:

I think I'll be going for either those or gp4000s if I can find a killer deal on either come pay day.

I really like schwalbe handling and puncture resistance but all four I've had have cut up really badly.
Agreed! I was running Mavic slicks before my current gator hardshells and they cut up like buggery. They were ok for a while, then I was noticing lots of massive slits along the middle. Only had one puncture though.

maltloaf

I swore by gatorskins last summer but ignored advice and left them on too long and they turned into ice skates when it turned really cold. I could feel myself sliding all over the place and came off twice.

My durano have been amazing handling and performance wise even when it was sub zero I didn't even feel a twitch but they don't last at all.

by the way, the cheapest I've seen gp4000s are about £50 a pair. Any cheaper about ?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I swore by gatorskins last summer but ignored advice and left them on too long and they turned into ice skates when it turned really cold. I could feel myself sliding all over the place and came off twice.

My durano have been amazing handling and performance wise even when it was sub zero I didn't even feel a twitch but they don't last at all.

by the way, the cheapest I've seen gp4000s are about £50 a pair. Any cheaper about ?
I don't know about cheaper mate, but I paid £40 each for my hardshells roughly 3 months ago.

U

User6179

I am liking what I am hearing about these 4000s tyres.
I currently run conti gator hardshells. Apart from about 40g or so in weight in favour of the 4000s, is there any other significant difference to make me change?

Grip and the gp4000s roll as good as Ultremos but last about twice as long , I run the gp4000s from may till September and then change to something tougher ,am getting about 2-3000 miles out of them where the ultremos my rear was done after about 1000 miles .
Keep your hardshells for winter though.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Grip and the gp4000s roll as good as Ultremos but last about twice as long , I run the gp4000s from may till September and then change to something tougher ,am getting about 2-3000 miles out of them where the ultremos my rear was done after about 1000 miles .
Keep your hardshells for winter though.
Hello Ed....yeah, all these good reviews of the 4000s, I am tempted!

OP
OP
SS Retro

SS Retro

Just asked one of my cycling buddys the same question, he says he uses ultimos they grip really well but he cant get a full summer out of the rear, but they do look cool as hell!
Lots of good info so far.
Incerdently I don't ride as far as my buddy he did 70 miles this morning and will be doing the same again tomorrow on his club run so I should get a summer out of them, but like the sound of the GP,s longevity.

Top Bottom