GP 4000s or Ultimo ZX's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Just ordered a pair of pro4 sc's
Took me a while to decide, and the gp4000s were the front runners for me for a while but got a good deal on these from planet X.
Hopefully fit them ready for the sportif on Sunday :rolleyes:

OP
OP
SS Retro

SS Retro

Really struggling with this basically I want the looks of the Ultimos with the longevity of the Contis.

adscrim

Veteran
I love the schwalbes, they look great, feel great and roll really well but I've moved to the continentals for this coming summer after going through so many ultremos. They're pretty fragile, particularly the side walls. Although you won't want to hear that now!

I got four GP 4000s for £48 from bike-discount.de last year - They're 24mm and I think have been discontinued so were being sold off cheap! I've checked, and they're no longer on the site but the 23mm are on £23.62 (you'll need to pay for postage).

OP
OP
SS Retro

SS Retro

Yeah looked at discount de and saw the 4000s was going to buy from them as they had silver and black ultimos on offer under £20. But Merlins offer was free post and in colour I wanted. If the Ultimos don't last the summer I will be all over the 4000s from Deutschland!

U

User6179

I love the schwalbes, they look great, feel great and roll really well but I've moved to the continentals for this coming summer after going through so many ultremos. They're pretty fragile, particularly the side walls. Although you won't want to hear that now!

I got four GP 4000s for £48 from bike-discount.de last year - They're 24mm and I think have been discontinued so were being sold off cheap! I've checked, and they're no longer on the site but the 23mm are on £23.62 (you'll need to pay for postage).

You Sure they are GP4000s tyres as I have only ever seen Grand Prix in 24mm and they are a completely different tyre ?

U

User6179

Yes positive, had them out last weekend to go on some new wheels.

I will scan Tinternet then and see if I can find them somewhere , could be doing with 4 myself at that price :thumbsup:

Nick Stone

Running the 23 & 25mm versions of the conti's after a delivery mix up from merlin, great tyres and not noticed size difference yet, although the difference in rim width between my Mavic's and Shimano rims is a bit of a gulf

Sorry forgot to mention I love them, ran them over winter and they've been fine, not as many miles as I'd hoped, but great feel on the road

Top Bottom