GPS- advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Please can I have some advice?

I would like a small GPS unit for the bike which records where I have been and how long it took me. At the moment I use the Strava app on my phone mounted on my handlebars. However I am very conscious that as it is getting colder and wetter, if myself and the road have a coming together my phone will basically be screwed.

I would like to be able to connect my rides to Strava still, but don't need maps as such as I know my local area really well.

Thanks in advance

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Please can I have some advice?

I would like a small GPS unit for the bike which records where I have been and how long it took me. At the moment I use the Strava app on my phone mounted on my handlebars. However I am very conscious that as it is getting colder and wetter, if myself and the road have a coming together my phone will basically be screwed.

I would like to be able to connect my rides to Strava still, but don't need maps as such as I know my local area really well.

Thanks in advance

Why not just put the phone in something waterproof in your pocket or saddlebag? Strava will still work. If you really want a separate computer then look at the Garmin Edge 25. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin-edge-25-reduced-40-aldi-2538467

OP
OP
Smithbat

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Why not just put the phone in something waterproof in your pocket or saddlebag? Strava will still work. If you really want a separate computer then look at the Garmin Edge 25. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin-edge-25-reduced-40-aldi-2538467

See I thought of that, but being the saddo that I am, I actually like seeing what my average speed is, I am trying speed up so if I can see that I am slightly below where I want to be then I try a bit harder.

Garmin Edge 200.
Very reliable nifty little computer with tons of battery life.

I see Halfords have them for sale online for £70 at the moment

Ooooohhhhh I shall look, Thank you

Katherine

Guru

wonderloaf

Veteran
See I thought of that, but being the saddo that I am, I actually like seeing what my average speed is, I am trying speed up so if I can see that I am slightly below where I want to be then I try a bit harder.

Ooooohhhhh I shall look, Thank you
Just bought a 200 myself from Amazon Warehouse for just over £60:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Edg...=UTF8&qid=1478201001&sr=8-1&keywords=edge+200
When it arrives surprised to see it is perfect, no damage to package or GPS. Excellent little bit of kit.
Note: edited the link as original didn't seem to work properly.
Also you can get turn by turn navigation on this GPS, loads of websites showing how to do this.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Another vote for cateye wireless computer to see average speed and distance while riding less than £30 dead easy to fit .Mobile phone in pocket running strava to upload when you get back .

Top Bottom