GPS phones & their maps for cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
My N82 isn't bike mounted - I have it in a Topeak bar bag, or a bagaboo phone holder (the signal seems good enough to record the track).

I have seen lots of people recommend the Boxit and Boxit bike mount though.

domtyler

Über Member
I've got the Nokia 6220 classic which can do all this, but I also have an Edge 300 so just use that on the bike. I wouldn't be surprised if I did some more experimenting at some point though! :sad:

RedBike

I mounted mine using a Kruda (sp) case and handlebar mount.

Don't forget phones aren't waterproof. They'll will take the odd splash, but subject them to a soaking and you'll be after a new phone.

balzer69

I attached a belt clip to the centre handlebar with cableties; that way the phone(in its case) can easily clip/unclip from the bike. It is a Krusell leather case and the phone is an HTC diamond with GPS.

Googlemap for windows mobile, allows me to quickly check my position and 'run-gps' (http://www.rungps.net/) doubles as cycle computer and route planner/tracker. Both excellent software. Run-gps is the simplest way I've found to track and view a route on my PC.

Mr Pig

My mate has just got a new dog with GPS. We've used it the last couple of times we've been out to find new roads/tracks and it worked just fine.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
RedBike said:
Don't forget phones aren't waterproof. They'll will take the odd splash, but subject them to a soaking and you'll be after a new phone.
It's one reason the Boxit looks like a good idea (imo).

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
big guy on a bike said:
Has anybody used a GPS phone with built in maps as a cheap Garmin Edge 605 replacement?

How did you manage to mount it?

Philip

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18112

another option

Top Bottom