Grand National 2018.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Time for my annual visit to the bookies once more.
Total Recall and The Last Samurai are my random-ish choices for throwing money away this year. At least it will add some interest to viewing the race, and you never know.....

Blah, blah, blah, cruelty, etc.. That should get it out of the road.

Mrs Marmers and I have a few spondoolies of the 2 horses fae the Scottish Borders.

Mrs Marmers has Seeyouatmidnight
I have Captain Redbeard

I think I'll win.

Sharky

Guru
I picked a winner once. My dad always put a few shillings on the national. Never on any other races, just the national. I was allowed to pick one horse for myself and I chose Merryman 11. It was the favourite and it won!

It was a few years ago and have never won again and not likely to as I dont bet.

It's the only day in the year I buy the Racing Post. :blush:

Given the sticky conditions, I think those at the top of the weights might have a bit *too* much to lug around.

Tenor Nivernais and Houblon des Obeaux are known mudlarks, as is The Dutchman, so will be keeping an eye on those. My sentimental choices are Vieux Lion Rouge and Milansbar.

Rarely get the winner (most recent was Comply or Die) but usually manage to pick out something in the places.

ozboz

Guru
Tiger Roll for me , got fixed odds @ 12-1 reasonable chances ,
If it stays upright and the jockey manages to stay on ,I’m in with a chance !

Good Luck everyone !

matiz

Guru
The going is heavy I reckon we will be lucky to get 10 or 12 finishers, the lighter weights might have the advantage but you need a lot of luck avoiding trouble ,my lucky pin has landed on "I Just know and Captain Redbeard".

Levo-Lon

Guru
Time for my annual visit to the bookies once more.
Total Recall and The Last Samurai are my random-ish choices for throwing money away this year. At least it will add some interest to viewing the race, and you never know.....

yes my onc and only yearly bet.
i have last samurai and total recall + 3 more £10, 5 horses with a each way bet.

bloody gambling

matiz

Guru
These girls are top jockeys they were on horseback before they could walk, it's one of the few sports where they can compete on a equal footing with the men ,

Top Bottom