Grand National 2018.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
These girls are top jockeys they were on horseback before they could walk, it's one of the few sports where they can compete on a equal footing with the men ,
They are better suited in some ways as they are naturally lighter and don't have to starve themselves to an unhealthy degree to make the weights, which apparently leads to brittle bones and more long term injuries.

vickster

Legendary Member
Tiger Roll for me , got fixed odds @ 12-1 reasonable chances ,
If it stays upright and the jockey manages to stay on ,I’m in with a chance !

Good Luck everyone !
Thanks for that, I won £47 (ok I won £27 and got the £20 that I'd frittered away on several nags named in this thread)...odds were 14/1 and I can't remember how much I staked (e/w)...I never understand how they work the winnings anyhow!

Might get £6 back from Quidco too :smile: (I sign up for a different online betting shark most years :laugh: )

Well, I got my usual E/W place (5th) with Milansbar :dance: and Vieux Lion Rouge got round as well.

Houblon des Obeaux was really unlucky in being brought down.

You do know that the winner is owned by the chap who owns Ryanair... :whistle:

ozboz

Guru
FA6785E9-F9D1-43EA-9229-785367CDB713.jpeg
Thanks for that, I won £47 (ok I won £27 and got the £20 that I'd frittered away on several nags named in this thread)...odds were 14/1 and I can't remember how much I staked (e/w)...I never understand how they work the winnings anyhow!

Might get £6 back from Quidco too :smile: (I sign up for a different online betting shark most years :laugh: )

Glad I could help !
It’s down to the Cat ! He rolls on the floor to greet me when I go to stables , so , after a look at the form ......

vickster

Legendary Member
Well, I got my usual E/W place (5th) with Milansbar :dance: and Vieux Lion Rouge got round as well.

:okay: I had a fiver on Milansbar to win...hey ho

ozboz

Guru

No , I didn’t know that, but , I am about to tuck into a 1lb Angus rump on the proceeds !!

I had ten :sad:

I never back EW, it's shite or bust.

I don't bet. But I do like to try and unpick the puzzle.

Top Bottom