Grand Tours leader jersey and TdB.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I find it difficult these days to identify the GC leader of any of the above due to their jerseys being plastered with advertising logos or other teams having pretty similar colour jerseys.
Many years ago, the GC jersey was just a plain colour so easy to spot in the peloton for example, not so these days which is a shame.

I agree - especially if the wearer is quite short - like Cav
You see a flash of yellow and think - Oh there he is
turns out it is a JV rider

Especially bad on darker days as the colours tend to be less easy to determine so telling a blue leader's jersey from several others in blue is a bit difficult
e.g. yesterday the commentators thought the leader was down on approach to Warrington

It would be good if the jersey wearers were in a colour that was totally unique
but that would cause massive problem trying to get sponsors to change their team's colour to something that isn;t their corporate colour

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It would be good if the jersey wearers were in a colour that was totally unique
but that would cause massive problem trying to get sponsors to change their team's colour to something that isn;t their corporate colour
It used to happen, with ONCE changing colour from yellow to pink for the tour and Mercatone Uno changing from pink to yellow (I think) for the Giro.

How far do you go, though? At least Jumbo are yellow and black. And do you require competition jerseys to be certain solid colours, rather than the ugly French tricolour currently used by the tour of Britain?

Top Bottom