Graphics for bike frames - where from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
I'm in the process of painting a steel bike frame that I made at The Bicycle Academy a while back. It's currently at the bead blasters, should be back any day now. First process is 2K primer, then I'm faced with the very tricky problem of choosing colours and finish!

I've decided on logos and lettering and I intend painting these on, finishing with a clear 2k top coat. So:
1 primer
2 colour for lettering and decals
3 apply decals
4 paint frame in finish colour
5 remove decals
6 clear coat

My problem is finding a supplier of the required cut vinyl stencils/masks I need. Anyone know anywhere that could supply such things? Fairly simple, 25mm high lettering, "LURCHER" or something, and a .JPG logo design.

Alternative is to buy machine (£300?) and make them myself. I'll probably make a few more frames so might not be such a financial disaster.

Thoughts?

D8DB81C8-3F04-45D9-8377-A5A373E03C4B.JPG

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
No answer. But you built your own frame. I think that's so cool.

If you just want names/words I can recommend this company. Their site says they can do logos based on your preferences but I have not tried them.

https://www.tribalsigns.co.uk/shop/...MIu4KVke7P9QIVi-5RCh0SUQJIEAAYAiAAEgL-BPD_BwE

I have used them a couple of times for my bikes and they make good quality hard-wearing vinyl decals with a good variety of coloured fonts in custom tweakable sizes, and are not very expensive.

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
plenty on ebay offer custom name decals , just choose the word you want rather than you name for the graphic

I'm not after vinyl stickers, any sign shop will do those. I want a mask for painting, similar to normal stickers, but on specific stencil material, relatively low adhesion, to apply over a painted surface, and easily removed afterwards. Usually much thinner vinyl.

I'll talk to H Lloyd, they DO make vinyl stickers bit claim theirs are ultra thin, superior material, and suitable for lacquering over without leaving a raised edge.

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
A lot of people on Etsy do stuff like this, e.g. this guy: Click. There's a 'similar items' bar at the top with others.

Can't recommend any specific seller myself but my general experience on Etsy is very good - they do a relatively good job with eliminating low quality garbage. The search is awful though.

Top Bottom