Gravel/relaxed road for £1000-1100 at the worst time for bike buying...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ollie W

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Thanks, much appreciated nonetheless!

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. The Merlin is interesting but not sure if a 1x would be enough for when it's on the road? Have yet to find the Marin anywhere in stock. I've seen this Giant which is interesting too. Guess we'll see what's available when my certificate arrives, but open to more suggestions :smile:

Grant Fondo - what leg trousers do you normally take? I'm more top heavy (32-33" leg trousers) so I've never known whether to go L or XL with bikes!

Thanks, much appreciated nonetheless!

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. The Merlin is interesting but not sure if a 1x would be enough for when it's on the road? Have yet to find the Marin anywhere in stock. I've seen this Giant which is interesting too. Guess we'll see what's available when my certificate arrives, but open to more suggestions :smile:

Grant Fondo - what leg trousers do you normally take? I'm more top heavy (32-33" leg trousers) so I've never known whether to go L or XL with bikes!
34 leg, so i would definitely go L. Cycle Republic was selling Gestalts when i was looking, but sounds like they are closing. Got my son a Marin hybrid from there, excellent bike.

I have the Ribble cgr to use as a winter bike - I ordered mine last November I wasn't in any great hurry but it came much earlier than the target date they give me when ordering.
Obviously that was pre covid and buying out of season.

OP
OP
Ollie W

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Went with the Giant AR 2 in the end - it was in stock online from Pedalon and it arrived on Tuesday. Lovely bike so far. Now to get all the accessories and stuff! Thanks for your help, hopefully see some of you for a ride someday.

Top Bottom