Gravel Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

I've just removed a pair of 35mm Conti CycloCross Speeds and replaced them with 35mm Schwalbe G-One AllRound (MicroSkin TL_easy).

Both have folding beads, both have are used tubeless and both have been possible to [easily] put on/off by hand without the need to use tyre levers.

I'd recommend either of the above for mixed tarmac/hardpack riding

OP
OP
M

Melv

It might be rim-dependent. I have the Panaracer tyres (in 650B x 38 form), which I originally ran with tubes, but are now tubeless. I have had no problem with fitting or removal.

Maybe, Although I've fitted tyres to those rims before with no problems. Could it be that I am trying to fit tubeless compatible tyres to non-tubeless ready wheels. Do tubeless ready wheels have a slightly different rim making it easier to fit the tighter tyres ?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The main thing to affect tyre fitting is the depth of the centre well of the rim.

rivers

How far can I go?
Hutchinson Overides, both tube and tubeless versions. I fit the tubed version to my boss's bike without issue

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
What size are your Gravelkings ? Anything above a 35, I think, are tubeless compatible. It took two of us to get the tyre on the rim and there is no way I could get it off / on if I was out on the road. They ride great and are perfect for what I use them for but really tough to get on / off the wheel.
Must be a tyre rim combo issue as I can take on and off my Gravelkings by hand ?? In fact i think that might well be part of my tubeless issues ?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My Revolt came with Schwalbe Smart Sams which I like for mild off-roading and on-road use too. Not had too much of a problem with punctures and they seem to last quite well.

Gekko21

Regular
I have Schwalbe G-One All Round 38mms on my Rose Pro Cross Gravel. I made up a second wheelset for running road tyres but mostly use the G-Ones for both on and off road. They are comfortable and fast enough on road for my needs. I bought my other half a Cube SL Road Race the other week and that also came with G-One 38s. I guess it's a pretty popular option on German bikes. I've ridden that bike too and found them pretty speedy on tarmac.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Running tubeless ? Had more deflation's yesterday and again today ( same hole ) . It does seal granted , but I do lose about 20psi which is not good when your only at 40-50 ! l`ll wear these out if I can first and then try the G One. Like the fatter tyres these days !

Rhysito

Currently running 35mm Schwalbe Land Cruiser on my London Rd been fine on and off the road.
Must be a tyre rim combo issue as I can take on and off my Gravelkings by hand ?? In fact i think that might well be part of my tubeless issues ?

My GravelKings are wonderful - I use 34s which gives me stability in wet conditions but don’t slow me down on road.

i had issues put them on and off initially, but once I learnt to push the tyre rims into the centre of the wheel they slip on with minimal pressure.

Top Bottom