Great Balls Of Fire. RIP Jerry Lee Lewis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Über Member
And marrying a 13 year old girl! Now we would call him a peadophile and lock him up, even in America now. Instead people call him a legend because he played a piano well and was good at rock and roll! I liked his music but I don't like celebrating him or memorialising him without condemning the aspects of his life that were simply wrong with the same prominence!

No, I think you will find its still fine in certain parts of the USA.

His cousin! You'd think you'd know how old your cousin is, first cousin I believe. Plus I think there's a clip on the news following his death being announced where they casually mentioned her being 13 in an interview they both were giving. One thing to falsify official documents to make her out to be older but another to act like you think it's not wrong like in that clip.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
That's wrong. I've looked into this before and they have a higher age than the UK in a few states. There's better links but good old Wikipedia has this page about this.

Wikipedia entry on marriage and in USA!

The minimum marriage age was 12 years for females and 14 years for males under English civil law until 1753. By default, these provisions became the minimum marriage ages in colonial America.

Colonial America ended a good few years ago but marriage age changed in USA a long time later but to say 13 is still the marriage age in USA now is effectively wrong except in iirc two states under very restricted conditions. I think it's when there is evidence without marriage the girl's life is threatened. Still backwards, they should just make sure her life isn't in danger rather than judicially marry her off.

Perhaps the good news is that from spring next year the UK will catch up with most of Europe and USA by increasing the marriage age to that of the age of majority, 18 years old. Before then it's 16 with parental permission.

Just thought, if he's religious will he be experiencing great balls of fire in hell now? 😂

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yeahbut she claimed to be twenty on the marriage certificate.

20221030_002855.jpg

Top Bottom