Great British Cycling festival Sportive.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Heavy rain forecast I’m afraid.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I’ll have to make sure I grow webbed feet. That will help me blend in with the locals, and give me an advantage if the weather turns nasty.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I’ll have to make sure I grow webbed feet. That will help me blend in with the locals, and give me an advantage if the weather turns nasty.
The route's not announced for a while yet but it's rumoured to be more north Norfolk coast than the broads and definitely not the fens, so webbed feet would be unhelpful and there will be shelter from the weather (unlike the notoriously-surprising Tour of Cambridgeshire where you get sun-burned, wind-swept or rain-soaked on the exposed fens).

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I’m entered. I’ve even booked a hotel room. All I have to do now is work out how best to get my bike to Norwich.

Exactly the same regarding entry and and hotel.
Bike will go on train,in a lightweight bike bag, worked out fine for Ride London and Cardiff for Velothon Wales..
Just hoping the weather is kind.
Hope you have a good day :okay:

mjr

https://www.uea.ac.uk/about/-/uea-announced-as-offical-sponsor-of-the-great-british-cycling-festival suggests to me that the registration and start will be at the university, which is well connected by three cycleways. If you can find accommodation in the Golden Triangle between Earlham, Unthank and Bluebell Roads, that'd be best, but I don't think there are many hotels there.

Another thing catching my eye is that it's golazo organising, who do the Tour of Cambridgeshire IIRC, rather than Sweetspot. Did they do last year's? Is that why the media coverage seemed weaker than the Tours of Britain?

mjr

Shame it is closed to under 18’s. There are plenty of up and coming youth who could quite happily do 100miles.
Under 18s, recumbents, ebikes and so on. Discrimination at BC events? Situation Normal, I'm sorry to say.

If you're in Norfolk and want to do a 100 mile all-welcome relaxed ride with others, keep an eye on www.KLWNBUG.co.uk - I suspect one of London-Lynn, Lynn-Norwich-Lynn and the Holland Hundred will be ridden this summer. Possibly even a first go at the Breckland 100. Back roads rather than closed roads, though.

Top Bottom