Great cycling cities of the future

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by avole, 13 Apr 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alicat

alicat Guru

I was going to ask if the OP's comment was caused by him falling int'Seine as a child but then I realised my attempt at humour doesn't work if it's pronounced as Sen. I'll get me coat!

2. Shortandcrisp

Shortandcrisp Senior Member

I last went to Paris on my 21st birthday. We had planned a final morning trip to the Louvre before catching the train back to Calais. Placed my bag on top of the wall which runs around the dry moat of the Louvre. Jumped up on the wall to enjoy an enormous golden delicious apple I’d bought for breakfast and knocked the bag containing my passport into the moat. Whilst everyone else spent the morning gazing at the Mona Lisa, it took me over 2 hours in my pigeon French to make the museum staff understand what had happened.

3. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Ha ha. Most of the Seine (Sen) bridges have a wide shelf outside the parapet so my friend and I used to have fun standing on the parapet when a bus load of towerists came slowly by, feigning a dramatic gesture then jumping off, hiding behind the parapet then popping up. The expressions on people's faces were always priceless.

I stopped that silly jape the day I jumped and my house keys popped out of my pocket and landed on the parapet where I just managed to grab them before they slipped over the edge.

4. 25791690004_e41667e755_b.jpg
    Part of the beauty that is Paris. That's the Edgar County Courthouse. Paris smells more like corn than wee.

Blue Hills and theclaud like this.
  5. If austerity has anything to do with lapses in civility, how does one explain Trump?

6. theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

Alternative spins are available.

7. bladderhead

bladderhead Active Member

OP must be inSeine - you know how to pronounce it.

alicat likes this.
  8. bladderhead

bladderhead Active Member

How do you pronounce LePen?

alicat likes this.
  9. Blue Hills

Blue Hills ^

cripes - that's one hell of a building - is the tower with the clock on it part of the same building? If so I'm not sure what that style would be called. Something with bonkers in it? In the best possible sense.

10. OP
    OP
    avole

avole Guest

11. Blue Hills

Blue Hills ^

The op appears to have gone from madness to muteness.

Globalti's post seemed fine to me as a politely expressed personal opinion.

Me? Went to paris a fair bit when younger, haven't been for years, so no real opinions worth anything.

Op might be putting me off a return.

12. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Ooh dear... whatever avole is smoking, I'd like the same please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice