Great Huffington Post blog - Let's Stop Scoring Points Over Dead Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Read.... thought it was excellent!

I loved the comment in the replies about a cycle tax not based on CO2 just based on being a bike!

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
gets a thumbs up from me!
my fave section:
'Cyclists are dangerous. I saw one doing xxx this morning'
I know this is a difficult idea to grasp, but that person who ended up in a body bag in Aldgate wasn't the same person that you saw being an idiot on a bike in Kensington.

If cyclists are all to be judged on that one person who annoyed you this morning on your daily commute, then it seems only fair to do the same back.

Drivers are all speeding lunatics who change lanes without indicating, thrusting their un-taxed, uninsured motor around the road while talking on their mobile phones, blaring out the Radio One Breakfast Show at unbearable volumes and smoking out of the window. Oh, and you can't pass a woman without leaning out and shouting 'oi oiiii larvely! Fancy a shag?' and beeping your horn incessantly.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I thought it was a great article, written by a well-educated journalist. So nice to see a few examples of journalism that are not inciting people to outrageous behavior. This anti-cyclist view lasts only as long as the person reading it does not contemplate the consequences of their actions and attitudes, and that they surely have friends and acquaintances and relatives who cycle.

Paul99

Über Member
I've got to agree with the comments that cyclists should have to be licenced, insured and pay some sort of tax.

There are far too many children riding bikes and they get to spend all of their pocket money on sweets. Greedy little blighters, they should have to pay!

We should prosecute those that choose sweets over tax and insurance.

:whistle: :whistle: :banghead:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, would favor this approach.^

Do you have any evidence to support this statement? Just curious like.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Great blog. I have to admit I skipped the cycling bit and went straight for the "Amy Willerton strips off in the jungle " article.:tongue:

Seriously though ,some real sense in what he writes about the cyclist /car driver relationship.

rams1de

"Let's Stop Scoring Points Over Dead Cyclists" while the writer uses dead cyclists to score points over motorists.

Matt Glass can include himself in the sentiment of his opening sentence or perhaps his editor decided the title without reading the actual content.

Top Bottom