Great Manchester Cycle 2015 28 June 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
On further investigation, I came second in age and gender!!!!!!

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I heard a policeman say into his radio, as I passed after the ambulances had left, that there had been a cardiac arrest. Hope whoever it was recovered.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I heard a policeman say into his radio, as I passed after the ambulances had left, that there had been a cardiac arrest. Hope whoever it was recovered.
We all moved over for Police & Paramedic bikes flying up onto the flyover...

Unfortunately the guy looked in a really bad way & had someone on his chest giving compressions...

I hope he was o.k too.

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Sorry Phil/Katherine, didn't visit the forum after Friday.

I had an eventful event.

Haven't checked my time yet but think somewhere around 2 hours, got a Garmin but didn't take it.

Had issues with the bike, had a terrible rattle develop & was very uncomfortable.
When I stopped 2nd time at the feed station Old Trafford, the heavens opened & I discovered my saddle had come loose on the rails & shifted a lot.

Now I have terrible saddle sore.

Added to this, a truck near wiped me out on the M61 going there & a near miss with a non event cyclist who jumped off the pavement into my path *he did apologise & no harm done*.

Glad you all had a good ride.

Steve.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Sorry Phil/Katherine, didn't visit the forum after Friday.

I had an eventful event.

Haven't checked my time yet but think somewhere around 2 hours, got a Garmin but didn't take it.

Had issues with the bike, had a terrible rattle develop & was very uncomfortable.
When I stopped 2nd time at the feed station Old Trafford, the heavens opened & I discovered my saddle had come loose on the rails & shifted a lot.

Now I have terrible saddle sore.

Added to this, a truck near wiped me out on the M61 going there & a near miss with a non event cyclist who jumped off the pavement into my path *he did apologise & no harm done*.

Glad you all had a good ride.

Steve.

Don't worry, I should have posted earlier in the week.
Sorry to hear that Steve, that's bad luck.
Hope you heal quickly.
Next year?

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Haven't checked my time yet but think somewhere around 2 hours

Steve.
Wow, so I said about 2hrs...

Official time 1hr 59.58
Position 1001

Not too dischuffed considering the mechanical & discomfort + a fairly lengthy stop on the 2nd lap.

Beat that next time.

Quite funny at the end, a guy on a hybrid/flat bar saw me go past about 200 yards from the line, I heard him say "right" & next thing he came sprinting past, I think he wanted a race but I just couldn't be bothered.

Anyway the assembled crowd found it amusing, which it was & he got position 1000.

Top Bottom