Great News! From boor to bore! The yob DJ whose downfall proves no one likes a bully...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Neither Dimbleby or Humphrys could be called offensive in the general way. That's not true of Moyles whose public persona really shouldn't be taxpayer funded or on prime-time media.
For a change I actually agree with the DM.
Humphrys is a braying arse who long ago lost interest in his job and the people he's supposed to be interviewing, and Dimbleby's exterior is smooth because he is inflated to the point of bursting with self-satisfaction.

Give me Shelagh Fogerty, Victoria Derbyshire and Jenni Murray any time. And Simon Mayo who has found a new lease of life after DJing

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Humphrys is a braying arse who long ago lost interest in his job and the people he's supposed to be interviewing...

I can't decide who's worse, Humphrys or Tinsel Tits.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Humphrys is a braying arse who long ago lost interest in his job and the people he's supposed to be interviewing, and Dimbleby's exterior is smooth because he is inflated to the point of bursting with self-satisfaction.

Give me Shelagh Fogerty, Victoria Derbyshire and Jenni Murray any time. And Simon Mayo who has found a new lease of life after DJing

And Mark Kermode - and big thumbs up to Richard Bacon too. (However, maybe he should take over Question Time, he's far too good looking for the radio)

RoyPSB

Über Member
An opinion based on detailed knowledge, then. ;)
I can't see what people are getting so het up about, especially FF's diatribe. If they don't like his public persona, just avoid his output.

And are continuing to do so, aren't they? If they want someone to axe, how about starting with John Humphrys? Then David Dimbleby...

I've seen him on enough other programmes to form my opinion. He really rates himself, with his deadpan delivery and smug face. Grade a c0ck!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Good ! Don't listen to Radio 1 nowadays,they all seem to be happy to talk a lot and not play anything..........mind you i have issues with the modern music with only the odd tune being any good,Oh bugger i've become old ! Slippers and a nice 70's/80's music album please !

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I haven't listened to Radio 1 since R. Caroline came back in '83 and by the time the British Government had violently and illegally forced them off air in 1990, I'd definately lost the habit! I never quite could work out why UK authorities were so scared of a bunch of hippies playing records 12 miles off Whitstable but there we go!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Tinsel Tits is, apparently, a joy to work with - incredibly serious about his job, and without 'side'
He's also a great interviewer - he uses politeness and knowledge to elicit information. Politicians aren't used to that, and they let their guard down. The Humphries-Paxman bullying technique doesn't work any more - if it ever has.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Good ! Don't listen to Radio 1 nowadays,they all seem to be happy to talk a lot and not play anything..........mind you i have issues with the modern music with only the odd tune being any good,Oh bugger i've become old ! Slippers and a nice 70's/80's music album please !

They are exactly the reasons that I hate radio 1. I would rather listen to crap music than DJ's talking crap. I think it is getting older as there was plenty of rubbish in the charts in the 70's and 80's but there was also some good stuff. Very rarely do I hear anything decent these days. But I am 42.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
To all the Smashy and Nicey fans on here: has it occurred to you that you might not be Radio 1's target audience?

Bugger :sad: I was hoping it was !!! It's the constant gabbing that really annoys me,all they seem to interested in is themselves and what they are doing with our licence money at the weekend ! Some modern tunes are very good.....................just not as good as my era :whistle:
Now time for a bit of Radio 2,slipper's on ^_^

Top Bottom