Great Northern Soul Tracks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days

ozboz

Guru
Me and my Mate used to go to the Torch , he was a NS purist , I never went to Wigan, my Bro used to set up dance nights around Oldham , Failsworth and Manchester Town center , as. Kid I remember The original Twisted Wheel ON Brazenose St but never went in , but here is a personal favourite

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwvpeYiQwss
Oops ! I’ve just seen that this track was put on earlier on the thread ,

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Just your personal opinion.
Of course it is! It's not my cup of dried leaves in boiling water, but many people clearly love it, and all power to them. Despite not being my thang it's a genuinely interesting thread.

To quote another Northern Soul song, "Better Use Your Head" before getting too excited. People are happy to disagree with or contradict me on my threads, but those same people get a bit snarky when I do the same myself, even when I'm polite about it. I can disagree without being nasty, and can still see the merit and interest the topic holds for others, so don't be so unnecessarily defensive.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I’ve no idea why but I was not even aware there was such a thing as Northern Soul until a couple of years ago but as soon as I heard it I was a huge fan. Lots of great stuff already posted, including my favourite Do I Love You.

I’m not sure if this qualifies but it definitely sounds like NS to me and you’ll all recognise the tune for certain and maybe, like me, didn’t know it had lyrics.

Here’s Sammy Davis Jr and You Can Count on Me..

View: https://youtu.be/MhLe6Vgfw_w

ozboz

Guru

Attachments

• A0DF9E62-7BA0-412C-BDD7-EF03095E10E5.jpeg
    A0DF9E62-7BA0-412C-BDD7-EF03095E10E5.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Top Bottom