Great things that Yorkshire has given the world...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A beast of rider, if you ever half Wayne, you will do it only once.
I never have, but know a few who have ridden with him

A nice guy off the bike, I was talking to him a few weeks ago, in the Rotherham Planet-X shop

[QUOTE 5171925, member: 43827"]I must apologise for my earlier criticism of Yorkshire.
I admit to being unfairly biased because my only visits to Yorkshire in recent years have been to Barnsley.[/QUOTE]
Enough said, I try not to go there
Certainly not after dark & not without a bone to throw to the locals:whistle:

Venod

Eh up
I never have, but know a few who have ridden with him

They do a regular ride from Womersley bus stop usually Tue and Thursday mornings and occasionally Sunday Mornings, famously known as "The Bus Stop Ride" they welcome anybody but won't wait if you can't cut it, John Tanner sometimes rides and ex FRC Gaz Hill.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
John Tanner
Wayne Randle (possibly the best English rider, never to turn professional?)"

Another real hard man and true gent - Charlie Hindley, who won the first British ironman triathlon IIRC.

Have ridden with all three.........

......but not for long

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
[QUOTE 5171592, member: 43827"]Other than stainless steel the others are really nothing to write home about.[/QUOTE]

Steel is long gone so should be removed from the list. Sheffield is mostly a poor city with service sector jobs with the other half on university, council, dwp and nhs jobs.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
- Stanley Ferry Aquaduct. The only cast-iron suspension aquaduct in Europe (1839)
It carries the Aire & Calder Navigation canal across the River Calder.
Visually, practically identical to Sydney Harbour bridge (& accepted as a 'working model' for the design)
You just brought a memory back to life. Aged about 8 and fostered to a village called Altofts (home of Britain's longest row of terraced houses and birthplace of Martin Frobisher), my foster father, who had a pithead job, took me there. I was completely astonished by this double-decker waterway. It gave me a first sense of bonkers genius.

Anyhow, for good or for bad, Yorkshire also gave this forum its only Marmoset.

Not a very inspiring list is it.
:ohmy:

Top Bottom