England : Greater Manchester Greater Manchester Cycle 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
We could get a full on CC train going on :bicycle:

I recall only one guy sporting the CC commitment.. :whistle:

Don't think I'l bother next year, may choose a generic team kit like HTC or something ;)

Some strava times are crazy

Wont be beaten on open roads by commuters

Shame as its my commute too :biggrin:

My two 2nd places in to a headwind still stand, quite notably I've cycled in with a ruined knee on single speed this morning putting in times that has only one GM cyclist faster. Quite suprised how slow people were considering I've been wanting to do that section of road in a group with no traffic lights for an age.

Your version of a headwind may differ from others!

In favourable conditions anyone can trump a time on strava, moreso if I was commuting a route and decided to sprint it whereas others on an event were probably pacing a much larger distance. Apples to Oranges I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Context is a great thing.

Garz

Squat Member
If it's on next year, I'm planning on doing it. Was on decorating duty this bank holiday. :sad:

Did the kitchen.
SWMBO then decided to do the back hallway. :gun:
Then the downstairs bathroom. :crazy:
Then because the newly-painted door made the sitting/dining room look bad the sitting & dining room needed to be done. :wacko:
This led onto the hallway being done. :surrender:

1 room turned into 6. She's away this w/end and has left me a huge list of painting jobs to do :cursing:

LOL sounds familiar mate (SWMBO).

Garz

Squat Member
Context is a great thing.

True, maybe.

I have seen people on strava using small sections of road and even downhill runs to beat the chest about. How on earth can you be KOM on a 200m descent?
Anyhow, I do like the ability to compare etc as it encourages one to cycle! :thumbsup:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Haha - yes you look good in pink Gaz! ^_^

Haha you just want to make me blush

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
True, maybe.

I have seen people on strava using small sections of road and even downhill runs to beat the chest about. How on earth can you be KOM on a 200m descent?
Anyhow, I do like the ability to compare etc as it encourages one to cycle! :thumbsup:
Yeah its good for seeing how good you are in part but overall things like Monday give a better picture

I'm kom on a few segments and like to defend them and attack ones I'm not kom on but overall while they encourage more effort for a short space of time.its the bigger pictures I and most look at

True, maybe.

Descents; what are those?!

Strava has helped me see how fast I am on some sections of road, but I don't push harder on any section than I was going before on my commute. Not quite sure the A56 is the place to be going full out, it seems to enjoy my blood.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

Had an email today showing me photographs of me riding. Fair enough, £20 to buy one - but on tweeting their account, the resolution is only 2600x1800.

So I'll not be buying one of those!

Top Bottom