England : Greater Manchester Greater Manchester Cycle 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
I am erm :sad: camping with the kids in Wales:rain:this weekend. Probably up for a ride the weekend after if you are out. Quite fancy a trip over to Flash, has a cycle friendly cafe there. Not been but bumped into a few on their way who recommend it.

Pennington Flash? Not been on a bike there - yup will be out the following sat too.:thumbsup:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Pennington Flash? Not been on a bike there - yup will be out the following sat too.:thumbsup:
Not quite, I was thinking Flash the highest village in Britain :whistle: about 4 miles South of Buxton. Although a quick google Flash in Pennington looks like a rather pleasant country park, could be worth a trip, don't think I have ever been.

potsy

Rambler
Not quite, I was thinking Flash the highest village in Britain :whistle: about 4 miles South of Buxton. Although a quick google Flash in Pennington looks like a rather pleasant country park, could be worth a trip, don't think I have ever been.
:laugh:
Think I prefer the sound of Pennington Flash, have been there a few times years ago, never by bike though :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
No mega steep hills Potsy, just a few long drags and you would get to do The Brickworks. One of the best climbs around. ^_^
Sounds good, and it works out better with my shift pattern, every other week I don't finish work until 1.30am so wouldn't really be able to make it.

No mega steep hills Potsy, just a few long drags and you would get to do The Brickworks. One of the best climbs around. ^_^

Looks like you boys are not far from where I am currently riding in my comfort zone. I need to get a bit further. Currently trundling around Knutsford, Alderley Edge, Holmes Chapel and Jodrell Bank. I steer clear of hills as a rule but been up Birtles and down the Wizard (the right option) and need a few more humps.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Whoop, I got reluctant permission, need to fix up my Spesh I think, not sure I'm cut out for any single speed climbs.
You don't want to be going to Flash on a ss although I did meet a guy pushing a fixed past Wingatherer. He was a student from Manchester who had got a bit lost:wacko:

Garz

Squat Member
My two 2nd places in to a headwind still stand, quite notably I've cycled in with a ruined knee on single speed this morning putting in times that has only one GM cyclist faster. Quite suprised how slow people were considering I've been wanting to do that section of road in a group with no traffic lights for an age.

Your version of a headwind may differ from others!

In favourable conditions anyone can trump a time on strava, moreso if I was commuting a route and decided to sprint it whereas others on an event were probably pacing a much larger distance. Apples to Oranges I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom