England : Greater Manchester Greater Manchester Cycle 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
How about a mass email to bike events ,showing then what we got for our 10 quid vs what we get from them ?

I'm not saying they will drop there prices but now they have serious competition ,maybe we can ekk out some better value from them ???

To serve what purpose? They are a company, not a charity & as such deserve no help from us.

The Manchester 100 will continue to be succesfull because of the actual ride, and inspite of the poor VFM.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
To serve what purpose? They are a company, not a charity & as such deserve no help from us.

The Manchester 100 will continue to be succesfull because of the actual ride, and inspite of the poor VFM.
To get better vfm,Nova are a company too

Ill always do mcr blackpool as it's what started me off but its not a patch on the GMC

400bhp

Guru
To get better vfm,Nova are a company too

Ill always do mcr blackpool as it's what started me off but its not a patch on the GMC

But you are not suggesting to contact Nova.

If you prefer a Mars bar to Snickers, do you contact Nestle and tell them about their competition?

Don't forget that the Greater Manchester Cycle was originally £40 IIRC - they appeared to change the price following very low numbers. It won't be a tenner next year.

Feck em - let's organise our own Manchester 100.

I rode this on Monday. Was my first ever event but I was very impressed. I agree the Salford Quays part was a bit unnecessary but once the first lap was over it seemed to spread out. Also knew what was coming so planned for it. Big push knowing a bit of respite :smile:
Had a target of 3h for my first. Managed it in 2h 47m. Well chuffed.

bezzoh

Regular
Definitely hope they do this again next year. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and finished a respectable 305th at 2hr 33, beating my mate who I had a friendly wager with by nearly 11 minutes. Serves him right for being cocky after beating me to Blackpool last year. :smile:

Salford technical bit I actually enjoyed personally, probably because it was an excuse for a breather before hitting the headwind back into Manchester which was a bit of a bugger when I found myself a bit isolated on lap 3. Probably was a bit unnecessary though and was an accident waiting to happen, proved when I saw some fella being loaded onto a stretcher in a neck brace. Hope the guy is OK.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

Hope you dont mind me sharing that on Facebook. Some great footage.

Well since I nicked someone else's music I could hardly complain :smile:

Some strava times are crazy

Wont be beaten on open roads by commuters

Shame as its my commute too :biggrin:

My two 2nd places in to a headwind still stand, quite notably I've cycled in with a ruined knee on single speed this morning putting in times that has only one GM cyclist faster. Quite suprised how slow people were considering I've been wanting to do that section of road in a group with no traffic lights for an age.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
My two 2nd places in to a headwind still stand, quite notably I've cycled in with a ruined knee on single speed this morning putting in times that has only one GM cyclist faster. Quite suprised how slow people were considering I've been wanting to do that section of road in a group with no traffic lights for an age.
What segments are you second on ?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I think that people simply weren't segment hunting on Strava while doing the ride, I know I wasn't. I think it was more a case of keeping up a good regular pace, you wouldn't want to blow up doing a Strava segment and then get blown out of the back of the pack you are riding in. My average over the 52 including all the technical stuff was a smidge under 21.5 mph which is faster than I would ride on my own on over that distance where I have set various KOMs.

I find that commuting I naturally pick up that pace there anyway, I wasn't pushing hard this morning - I've been hobbling all weekend after coming off first thing Saturday.

Top Bottom