England : Greater Manchester Greater Manchester Cycle 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
:whistle:

:blush:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It was 2hrs 35 Gaz. I guess all those that got caught up in the first lap could knock a few mins off that time. The front group including some Manchester Wheelers would not have experienced the same issue.

Maybe we could get a list of all the CC peeps that entered the courses and list the times.

Are you the guy in full CC kit who was riding along with 5-6 guys and one lady in cycle logic jerseys?

Stayed with that group for a while and then had to stop for a pee....

Garz

Squat Member
Are you the guy in full CC kit who was riding along with 5-6 guys and one lady in cycle logic jerseys?

Stayed with that group for a while and then had to stop for a pee....

Yeah I was, they were a good group and the lady was holding her own no problem. On the third lap two of the cycle logic guys broke away so I went with them till the last leg up the Manc Way.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yep they were a good group and I wanted to stay with them as it was just on the limit of my pace. Was busting for a pee though and eventually had to pull over.

I was in the Ribble Valley shirt.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Photos are on line. Can't see the merit of paying £20 for a photo if you can have 20 to 30 for £26. It has made me realise one of the ways they make this event profitable. £10 was very reasonable for a closed road event with excellent organisation, marshalls, facillities etc. compared to a lot of the sportive and charitiy events out there. Bike Events should be a little concerned. What do you get on their events....... poor marshalling, no photos, no timing, open roads and over twice the price iirc.

Garz

Squat Member
Yep they were a good group and I wanted to stay with them as it was just on the limit of my pace. Was busting for a pee though and eventually had to pull over.

I was in the Ribble Valley shirt.

Ahh yeah I remember that jersey - it blue and white?

Agreed on their pace, it was what I was comfortable with. The mileage was the longest I had ridden this year, I also need to get sharper on the feeding. I regularly end events dehydrated or no energy left. :blush:

Top Bottom