England : Greater Manchester Greater Manchester Cycle 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
Pictures of said bikes being spoken of? ^_^

Pictures of said bikes being spoken of? ^_^
I haven't got an updated pic at the moment, but here's Rihanna before I changed the wheels and chainset
scaled.php

This the Trek Madone 5.5 I used to have
madone55_chired.jpg

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Did the 26 in 1 hour 35, my fastest time over that distance yet! Really enjoyed it, I thought it was brilliantly organised!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
2hrs 16 mins for me. Enjoyed the ride but i don't think the Salford Quays section was a good idea at all. Too technical and can't see the purpose of including it in the route at all.

Good time that, You must have been right near the front and totally agree making you ride over footbridges and through carparks etc. was a bit of a cock up.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Great day really enjoyed my first event^_^

Not the best of times but we had fun and more free jelly babies that you can shake a stick at

Edwards80

Über Member
Great fun today, Great weather too :biggrin: Got lucky there!

Definitely good fun going over the Mancunian way but as others have said the "Technical Section" through the Quays was a little odd, I don't think many would miss it if there are future events.

Did the 26miles with the Mrs. She was confident sticking to my rear wheel after 2 miles or so and after that she even told me to speed up a few times after learning the wonders of drafting :biggrin: Very chuffed as she was concerned about not making the 13mph minimum. Did about 16mph in the end.

Only had one numpty nearly take my front wheel but aside from that was all grand riding with so many other folks.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Feed station at Old Trafford had jelly babies, Jaffa cakes, bananas, water and powerade drinks. Not just a little but crates of them all, very well organised too

Top Bottom