England : Greater Manchester Greater Manchester Cycle 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LinkoVitch

Regular
Quite pleased with my time on this 2:42 was the official time, my Garmin says a little different but meh :biggrin: 1st ride of this ype for me, really enjoyed it, and actually got to try out slip streaming and really felt the benefits of it!

The stats on the website put me around about upper mid table :smile: I am very happy with that :biggrin:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hi

I know though I can't see how they can stop me riding on the road ?

Also I think I was the only one without a helmet lol, if it had been a BC TT / race event I would have had to complied though this was just a fun event

Besides I have insurance with BC / CTC. not that it makes any difference.

Think I saw you beside the road. Did you have a Manchester Wheelers top on?

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Well that was fantastic. Ive not done a event like this for fifteen years or so and never cycled on closed roads before. Going up and down the Mancunian Way was what attracted me to doing it

I got to sports city at 7.50. Couldn't find the BC stand so just set off. I couldn't believe what happened next, they let every one out at the same time instead of staggered starts. I did my best to keep my distance from everyone as I knew a crash was inevitable

Yep. In the first 2 mile a crash, then another after the Mancunian Way and then a third crash just before White City, only done 6 mile at this point lol though I had managed to avoid all three :smile:

At this point I thought I'll go home when I get to Alan Turing Way as its just so dangerous though it eased off at this point and plenty off space to avoid a crash.

On the third lap I couldn't be mitherd doing the Salford Quays bit so cheated and crossed the road for the return leg while getting some funny looks, and got spotted by my club mates lol :sad: on the fourth lap someone in a cycle chat jersey went flying pass me at speed with someone on what looked like a red single speed bike with a courier bag just before the Mancunian Way out from sports city.

At this point I'd had enough so bailed out. So I was home for 10 o'clock as I only live down the road

Met some really nice people as-well :smile:

Great to meet smokes today

2hr 35min was my time

All good apart from the media city section IMHO
Great to meet you too Buddy, even though I did have to catch you up for the privilege :heat:

2hr 43mins for me :thumbsup:

I never saw any crashes thankfully, loads of flats but thankfully I avoided any of those

+1 for media city. It could be a great little section, but not with that many riders :crazy:

Here now outside blue moon cafe
Get as close to the front of the start as you can or you'll be stood around for ages when the ride begins!

grimpeur

Veteran
2hrs 16 mins for me. Enjoyed the ride but i don't think the Salford Quays section was a good idea at all. Too technical and can't see the purpose of including it in the route at all.

Garz

Squat Member
Yeah there were ev
It also said no tri-bars but there where loads of them on the 52!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah there were even TT bikes being used!

Just got back from riding to and back from Bolton, all in all a great run event. My only gripe was the stupid bottle-neck on the opening lap to get to that bridge.

Only felt tired on the last lap, could have done with an energy bar or something to have made the difference but enjoyed the experience. I did not catch any other CC clobber. :shy:

Garz

Squat Member
Who was the dude in full CC kit I spoke to at the bottom end of Ashton Old Road on the last lap. I've forgotten your number, (possibly 835 or similar). You must have posted a time around the 2:40 mark I guess.

Sorry dude that was me. I was struggling to keep the pace up after the trafford turn, going to check the times in a sec (shh it wasn't a race).

Top Bottom