Greece holiday ideas anyone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Another vote for Skala on Kefalonia, have had many great holidays there.

If you're willing to fly & ferry then Naxos is another great island, lovely beaches and very pleasant people, lots of good tavernas too.

If you go to Corfu, don't go to Sidari, it's a sh***hole. We went there last year, never again. Corfu town is nice though.

Went to Sidari back in 1993. It was just opening up as a tourist destination. We were told it was fairly quiet. The beach was nice and there were a few bars, and building was ongoing and it was evident it was going to look to capture the 18-30 crowd. But even though myself and now Mrs W were young - I couldn't help feeling it was a dump and a shithole in the making. Oh and the mosquitos were huge and because there were lots of open drains and marshy type lands around that were needed to be drained they were around constantly. Hired a moped and spent as much time away from Sidari as we could. I actually enjoyed going round Corfu town .. Ok I'm interested in that sort of stuff. I do find beach holidays are a bit like OK seen the beach .. now where can I go to get away from the crowds. We headed over to Agios Georgios and a few other coves and spent the time there..before heading back to get mauled by the mossies in Sidari. I suspect some of those beautiful coves are now peppered with bars and neon.

Hicky

Guru
Zante, southern end is quieter and we found is nicer. Kryopigi on the mainland…ok I suppose, wouldn’t return if it was free. Kos, v windy, kefalos area is quieter and less commercial(I though the food was very samey).
Malta top notch, the same for Gozo. As a couple we’d go back in a heartbeat, very hot though, the food was very varied and reasonably priced.

Top Bottom