Greenwich/Woolwich cycle lane survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
For any cyclists that live in Greenwich/Woolwich, or use the new cycle way along the lower road from Greenwich to Anchor in Hope, then please take this survey, as it would appear the pistonheads are trying to get it dug up and scrapped.

https://haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk/greenwich-woolwich/survey_tools/greenwich-to-woolwich-survey

Unfortunately you need to register with TFL first before you can fill it in.

As a local resident and user of the new cycle route TFL/Greenwich council have been keeping this quiet, No leafleting, no public notices, as obviously they don't want loads of cyclists saying it's a good thing and please can we keep it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Done. I registered using Accy's name (again)? :okay:

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
I am registered with tfl, for my sins, on my newer computer, which has now broken down. This old computer works but won't connect to the tfl survey. Is there a postal address please, Brains, or even an email?

As Greenwich has finally got one or two cyclelanes which are not complete faffs I'd like to support it.

OP
OP
Brains

Brains

Legendary Member
I am registered with tfl, for my sins, on my newer computer, which has now broken down. This old computer works but won't connect to the tfl survey. Is there a postal address please, Brains, or even an email?

As Greenwich has finally got one or two cyclelanes which are not complete faffs I'd like to support it.
No, you need to register, but it can be done on a phone

FYI - Your TFL registration for things like your oyster card is not the same one as needed for the survey.
Somebody (TFL ? Greenwich Council ??) is actively trying to discourage people from filling in the survey, so keep with it

OP
OP
Brains

Brains

Legendary Member
I take it you @Brains are in favour of keeping it as it is?
I did read that piece and for sure the old set-up on the Angerstein roundabout was a horror - I'm a pretty confident urban cyclist but was always worried there.
I'm in favour of keeping it, but agree the Angerstein Roundabout is dreadful design, but at least it's better than what was there before (which was nothing) (and the deaths of two cyclists on that roundabout)

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
When I was a central London bike commuter I got into the way of occupying the lane I needed to take my route. I use the road eastbound round Angerstein and find it ok, but a bit sketchier now I'm riding a slow work bike in middle age.

The death trap has been Westbound, as trucks cut you up by the Blackwall sliproad.

I need to check what the survey is asking as my road style may not suit others.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've ridden along there a few times, mainly during my "stay local" cycling efforts during lockdown, so I added my three ha'pence.

Top Bottom