Greetings from Glasgow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone! My name is Ed, and I'm from Glasgow.
While I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to cycling, although I'm at my lowest level of fitness in years and am considerably overweight.

I'm really keen to get my fitness back on track, particularly as I'm (optimistically!) aiming to do the London-Edinburgh-London ride next year.

Back in the day, I used to be a contented pootler who didn't care about speed (I did JoGLE on an MTB many moons ago), but ever since getting my first road bike that changed.

I have a reasonable level of endurance and can develop moderate power, but as I'm considerably overweight I struggle very badly as soon as the road starts to climb. After a hilly 153-mile day this summer I found that I could barely walk for 2 days afterwards :blush:

I recently discovered Strava (having previously used Endomondo) and feel that it's an excellent motivational tool, not least because I'm dead last on several segments... :sad:

Looking forward to becoming part of what seems to be a very nice welcoming community ^_^

Cheers
Ed

Hiya from a misplaced Fifer :hello:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: Edwardoka and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

We're building quite a west-coast based contingent of CC Ecosse :thumbsup:, so keep and eye on the CC and Informal Rides and Events pages where there might be a ride/gathering posted, to which you would be most :welcome:.

In winter, we have tended, over the past couple of years, to do RV Rides, arranged much like this one. No doubt there will be some this time around too ! :bicycle:

Looking forward to meeting and riding with you. :smile:

Fubar

Guru
Hi everyone! My name is Ed, and I'm from Glasgow.
While I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to cycling, although I'm at my lowest level of fitness in years and am considerably overweight.

I'm really keen to get my fitness back on track, particularly as I'm (optimistically!) aiming to do the London-Edinburgh-London ride next year.

Back in the day, I used to be a contented pootler who didn't care about speed (I did JoGLE on an MTB many moons ago), but ever since getting my first road bike that changed.

I have a reasonable level of endurance and can develop moderate power, but as I'm considerably overweight I struggle very badly as soon as the road starts to climb. After a hilly 153-mile day this summer I found that I could barely walk for 2 days afterwards :blush:

I recently discovered Strava (having previously used Endomondo) and feel that it's an excellent motivational tool, not least because I'm dead last on several segments... :sad:

Looking forward to becoming part of what seems to be a very nice welcoming community ^_^

Cheers
Ed

Hi Ed and :welcome: to the forum from Dunfermline! As Scoosh says there are quite a few on here from Glasgow and it's surrounding area - there are also a few of us from the better parts of Scotland as well... ;)

153 miles in a day sounds damn good to me, most I've done in a day is 81 miles and I was numb for 2 weeks afterwards!

Look forward to seeing you on a CC Ecosse ride one of these days. Kind regards, Mark

GBC

Veteran
Welcome Edwardoka and connor!! As has been said above, the Glasgow area team is growing strongly and I look forward to meeting you both on one of the rides.:bicycle:

Top Bottom