Greetings from the toon!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loadz

Just thought I'd might as well introduce myself on here. Been lurking in the background for a bit and quite enjoy the site.A wealth of information and a bunch of humorous sarcastic p**s taking buggers as well (my type of people!!)living about 6 miles north of Newcastle it doesn't get much better for scenery when out and about.
Got into cycling about 4 yrs ago with the purchase of a core 20 MTB. Quickly realised I didn't need as extreme a bike and fitted hybrid tyres and lights to it and covered some decent mileage on it before stepping up to an Orbea carpè hybrid. Loved it.still do!! Usually out with SWMBO and regular weekend riding would see 60-80 mile days out.
"she" :smile: then started on about getting road bikes and in November I took prized possession of a van Nicholas chinook with carbon wheels and a complete ultegra groupset. Now I'm seriously in love with this thing. !!!! Only used it 3 times so far,still waiting for the wife's new carbon orbea(not sure of exact model,don't really care!!) to turn up so we can get out and embarrass ourselves on bikes that are way beyond our capabilities (at the minute anyway:smile:).
Hope to contribute one way or another on here :o)

Blue

Legendary Member
:welcome:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
<<<<shoves Norm out of the way quickly>> Did you mention Icecream????
Hello and :welcome:
Calm!! Lisa!! ...Calm ... now breath and relax (secretly scoffs a spoonful of ice-cream) (muffled voice) callmmm doooown Lisaaa! :hugs:

OP
OP
L

loadz

:welcome:
I grew up in Ponteland, and my parents still live there. I've enjoyed the cycling I've done round there.

Fimm,have you heard the cafe where all the cyclists met has closed. Not sure how long it was the for but 4 generations of our family used it :sad:

fimm

Veteran
Fimm,have you heard the cafe where all the cyclists met has closed. Not sure how long it was the for but 4 generations of our family used it :sad:
I thought it looked closed, the last time I was down... that is a shame. There are always loads of cyclists going out through Ponteland on a weekend. 4 generations of a family going there is quite impressive! I wonder what will happen to it now.

Top Bottom