Grey Car, Silver Car, Silver Car, Grey Car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

As I waited at the lights this morning I noticed that all the cars on the forecourt of the second hand dealer were mosly silver with a few greys, a black and a muted blue. I then looked round and vitually all the cars I could see were all dull variations on grey, even the odd red one seemed to have the brightness turned down..

When did cars become so monochrome? I know they all have similar shapes but the march to drabness came as a surprise this morning, I don't know how I've never noticed it before.

For the record I drive an orange Mini, so I seem to have avoided the conformity.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
dunno, my current one is grey, last one was Black. its a long time since I had a bright coloured car.

Reactions: TVC

potsy

Rambler
As I waited at the lights this morning I noticed that all the cars on the forecourt of the second hand dealer were mosly silver with a few greys, a black and a muted blue. I then looked round and vitually all the cars I could see were all dull variations on grey, even the odd red one seemed to have the brightness turned down..

When did cars become so monochrome? I know they all have similar shapes but the march to drabness came as a surprise this morning, I don't know how I've never noticed it before.

For the record I drive an orange Mini, so I seem to have avoided the conformity.
What colour was your previous car?

Must say I have had mainly black or silver cars most of my driving life, once had a blue and my first car was red.

Quite fancy a white one next, never would have even entertained one before.

OP
OP
T

TVC

What colour was your previous car?

Must say I have had mainly black or silver cars most of my driving life, once had a blue and my first car was red.

Quite fancy a white one next, never would have even entertained one before.
It was blue, previously I had two red ones.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I noticed that on a forecourt at the weekend too. Some were second hand though, so it's not necessarily a very recent thing.

My car is a fairly bright blue. The only colours available for the bottom of the range model I bought were blue, red or white. But that was in 2010.

cuberider

Über Member
Funny this because just this morning I saw what looked like a Prius in Matt Grey (Romanian registration I think)

Mrs M

Guru
Our car is bright blue, previous ones were denim blue, sunflower yellow (my choice) :smile: red, dark red, red.
Variations of brown seem to be popular just now, a colour not seen for a while.

vickster

Legendary Member
Gah to black, grey, silver cars :thumbsdown: :gun::boxing:

Mine is Skoda Rallye green :wub:. She's called Fiona (was initially Shrek but being a she of course and a Fabia, she was rapidly renamed as per Shrek's girlfriend :biggrin: )

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
White... Glacial White apparently.. it was the only standard option so white is ok. Most of my cars have been white when I think about it or black. Except my mini that was a Mini Tahiti and was Tahitian Blue that changed colours under different lights.

Top Bottom