Grey Car, Silver Car, Silver Car, Grey Car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
image.jpeg

OP
OP
T

TVC

A work mate suggested that the car companies are to blame because they make silver/greys for the lease fleets as they are the easiest colours to paint match and the cheapest. No idea if this is true but it makes sense.

Think the grey/silver thing is buyers (corporate ones as Velvet curtain suggests) playing safe and thinking ahead for when it comes time to move it on. YOU may like your car in cerise (whatever that is) but it may put off future buyers.
Exceptions are Alfas and Ferraris - they should be red - take note Chris Evans. (Even though my Alfa is white :blush:)

Reactions: TVC

AndyRM

XOXO
I managed to break the scourge of grey car ownership at the third attempt. Thinking about it my first two were very boring cars, a Nissan Sentra then a Vauxhall Astra. The blue Fiat Panda is considerably more sprightly and very fun to drive.

vickster

Legendary Member
Think the grey/silver thing is buyers (corporate ones as Velvet curtain suggests) playing safe and thinking ahead for when it comes time to move it on. YOU may like your car in cerise (whatever that is) but it may put off future buyers.
Exceptions are Alfas and Ferraris - they should be red - take note Chris Evans. (Even though my Alfa is white :blush:)
That's ok as long as it's not an 8c. Those should only ever be in that gorgeous cherry red

I'd quite like a yellow Ferrari :blush: (I had a couple of yellow Fiat Coupes a few years back :wub: )

My most disastrous car purchase was a black one...should have known...never again!

stephec

Legendary Member

That's ok as long as it's not an 8c. Those should only ever be in that gorgeous cherry red

I'd quite like a yellow Ferrari :blush: (I had a couple of yellow Fiat Coupes a few years back :wub: )

My most disastrous car purchase was a black one...should have known...never again!
That 8C colour...mmm. Having said Alfas should be red, my lottery win car would be an Alfa Montreal in one of the 70's period colours, which could well be orange or lime green - but they just look right in it.
But definitely not silver/grey

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Silver currently for me. The two prior to that were bright metallic blue. Before that it was red, silver, dark metallic blue, light metallic green and my first car was gold with a brown vinyl roof.

Oh, and my car is called Citroen C3...;)

Venod

Eh up
Our two at present, 1 Silver, 1 black
Previos
Grey
Gold (never liked it)
Silver
Silver
Silver

Silver doesn't show the dirt.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
My current car is a dark red Astra estate
Previous was
navy blue Volvo V40
BMW 318 estate
Cherry red Volvo V40
Blue sierra
Red sierra estate
Worst colour I ever owned was a white car.

Top Bottom