Groceries anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Right, well, as my fridge currently contains half a tin of tomatoes, a pot of houmous and about 5 ml of milk, I'm off to the supermarket in a bit. As the weather is fine, I may stroll the extra quarter mile or so to Morrisons. If I time it right, there might be reduced fish from the fishmongers counter. Although annoyingly, they don't sell very cheap tinned toms, or loose peppers (only in bags, and there's always a green one, and I don't like the green ones), so I'll probably have to do Sainsburys as well on the way past.

Can I pick anything up for anyone?

I have to try and eat the contents of my icebox to make space - my friend with the sheep flock sent three off to the butchers on Monday, so she's got lots of chops and so on to distribute... Funny to think, I was feeding them in August...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
May need to pick up some extra Santa hats...they're usually near the checkouts from October onwards...just next to the Cadbury's Creme Eggs. :biggrin:
Failing that, could you fit a large aubergine in your basket?.:biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
Failing that, could you fit a large aubergine in your basket?.:biggrin:

I say!

Hey, Mickle, hadn't thought of that. You need to make sure the cones are well sealed though, those things are water soluble.... (and called Dragees...)
If I can't find them, will the little Christmas icing shapes do?

Pete

I could use some avocados, and I'd willingly take your green pepper off you if you end up with it ... but you'd have to throw very well to reach me :biggrin:. Come to think of it, how fast is your action, and can you get plenty of swing off the seam on a fast pitch?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pete said:
I could use some avocados, and I'd willingly take your green pepper off you if you end up with it ... but you'd have to throw very well to reach me :biggrin:. Come to think of it, how fast is your action, and can you get plenty of swing off the seam on a fast pitch?

Last time I played cricket, the pads swamped me so I could barely walk, and I had to get a lift to the crease on the back of a tandem. And then was run out on the other batsman's strike. I throw like a girl, and catch like a colander that the bottom has fallen out of...
:biggrin:

Van Nick

If you're going to Sainsbury's could you get me a block of fresh yeast please Arch ? You have to ask for it at the bakery.

Since I received so much advice on bread making from the kind folks on here, I've been making some really nice homemade bread, but I've discovered that it's much better with fresh yeast.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Since you ask, so kind :biggrin: can I have

Some Pineapple Bananas:biggrin: These are a very old-fashioned ie 1970's boiled sweetie.

A new nose, :blush:this one is giving me a lot of trouble at the moment.

And a selection of their mince pies. About this time of year I try to carry out exhausting research into the quality of mince pies.

I am sorry it is such a long list, but none of them are very heavy, please keep the change. Thank you

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I'm just back from the shops but have forgotten something.

You couldn't grab 2 pints of semi skimmed could you? Ta!

papercorn2000

A couple of bottles of wine would be nice. I'd go myself, but it's after dark and I was told that if I violate my Court Interdict again, I'd get the poky!

littlered

Arch said:
Right, well, as my fridge currently contains half a tin of tomatoes, a pot of houmous and about 5 ml of milk, I'm off to the supermarket in a bit. As the weather is fine, I may stroll the extra quarter mile or so to Morrisons. If I time it right, there might be reduced fish from the fishmongers counter. Although annoyingly, they don't sell very cheap tinned toms, or loose peppers (only in bags, and there's always a green one, and I don't like the green ones), so I'll probably have to do Sainsburys as well on the way past.

Can I pick anything up for anyone?

I have to try and eat the contents of my icebox to make space - my friend with the sheep flock sent three off to the butchers on Monday, so she's got lots of chops and so on to distribute... Funny to think, I was feeding them in August...
:biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek::eek:Veggie here.....

Top Bottom