Grossest thing you've encountered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

small fish

The bin lorry thread made me think - what's the grossest thing you've encountered on your commute?

Two spring to mind for me... A dead squirrel that stank to high heaven, first day I didn't see it in time and got a big lungfull of squirrel stench that made me instantly retch and get a mouthfull of sick. Day two and I remembered the ex-squirrel just as I approached... took a big gulp of fresh air, held my breath and stared at the horizon to try and get past but the memory of the previous day was so vivid that I threw up in my mouth again..xx(:biggrin::biggrin: It got a bit better on day 3 but even now a couple of years later I still get nauseous passing that spot if I think about it too much...

The other one: I was filtering slowly up the inside of a row of cars when the back door of a minicab flew open, young woman's head comes out and threw up on the road in front of me, missing my front wheel by millimetres...

Wolf04

The phrase too much information springs to mind. Oh well back to my cheese and tomato sandwich.:biggrin::biggrin:
Pete

domtyler

Über Member
Probably a cat that had just been knocked over, looked like a black bin liner that was weirdly flapping like mad in the wind until I got a bit closer and saw what it was. Road was really busy so I didn't stop and put it out of its misery which I regret to this day but did ring the RSPCA when I got home. It was lying in the gutter the next morning though so obviously they couldn't be arsed either.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nothing to much....

Getting covered in cow doo when a 'mate' went through a huge wet cow pat - all over my clothes, face, hands, bike ergh.... at the start of a long ride...

Same 'mate' again....... we both drafted a tractor at 25 mph pulling a large trailer of manure - after a long ride, this seemed good idea ???? Not till I got home did I realise that I stunk to hell :biggrin:

ChrisW

Was mountain biking in the Atlas mountains in Morocco (yea, it was brill) and i went down a track too fast, there was a very sharp right hander, which i missed and so went straight on, off the track into a field ,and ended up on my back in camel sh1t.

I was just a tad smelly for the rest of the day..

When I was a kid, we had a dog that was allergic to cereal. We fed it on cows´ paunches. We´d go to the local slaughterhouse, fish the paunches out of the barrel at the back of the building, cut them open, drain them of shoot, flush and wash them and then bag them up for the freezer.

That was pretty gross, but it has stood me in good stead since. For instance, when I joined the Army, one of the first runs took us through the ditch that the dog kennels were cleaned into - 4 feet deep of fetid dog turds and urine. I didn´t throw up, but everyone else did.

ChrisKH

Guru
I came across some murder scene photos when I was archiving a file once. Absolutely horrendous. And mentally the pictures just don't leave you. :biggrin:

You didn't say it had to be cycle related.

gary r

Guru
there used to be a stinky bloke who always cycled round richmond pk on a touring bike!!!! Always had to make an effort to pass him as he smelt so bad!!!

Maz

Guru
Saw a bloke in a car getting a blow job. This was in broad daylight. Sensibly, he was not driving at the time.

Tetedelacourse

Funnily enough, yesterday AM saw a newly dead rabbit. Today, it was still there - well, some of it was still there, what couldn't be gnawed or pecked off.

Maz I think the correct reaction to what you saw would be to stop, tap on the window and shout "Maz is watching" on your loudspeaker*.

*the one I advised you to get for safe overtaking on the right.

Maz

Guru
Tetedelacourse said:
Funnily enough, yesterday AM saw a newly dead rabbit. Today, it was still there - well, some of it was still there, what couldn't be gnawed or pecked off.

Maz I think the correct reaction to what you saw would be to stop, tap on the window and shout "Maz is watching" on your loudspeaker*.

*the one I advised you to get for safe overtaking on the right.
I wish I'd won magnatom's helmet cam auction when it happened. I should've shouted a 'See you on YouTube!' type comment, as mag' would've done. :biggrin:

Maz said:
I wish I'd won magnatom's helmet cam auction when it happened. I should've shouted a 'See you on YouTube!' type comment, as mag' would've done. :biggrin:

I would do no such thing!!

I would post it on yuvutu;)

I only know of this website as it was mentioned in another thread honest! Oh and it probably isn't work safe, unless you work in the industry......

ChrisKH said:
I came across some murder scene photos when I was archiving a file once. Absolutely horrendous. And mentally the pictures just don't leave you. :biggrin:

You didn't say it had to be cycle related.

I remember having sex after I'd been to a second post mortem (they're a bit pongier than the first) and if I closed my eyes all I could picture was the body being chopped up. The smell was made worse by a canal rotter in the next cubicle.

Top Bottom